• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo Trip Plan for Your Comments!

Rememberingthe70s

Old School
:artist:

Hi Dis Folks! I have a solo trip booked for January 22-28. I wanted to share my plans, and I'd love it if folks had any suggestions.

Background - Solo trip for fun and relaxation. Been going to the parks since the 70s, so I know my way around pretty well. Generally, it's commando in the morning, glass of wine and a nap in the afternoon :drinking1:, back to the parks in the evening at a more leisurely pace. I'm not much into parades and shows (I've seen most), so I usually ride during those times. I have my attractions planned out so I can grab FPs and not criss-cross parks all day, but I didn't put that here. (TMI) Anyhoo. I have five days of Park Hopper tix.

Tuesday Jan 22 - On the ground at 230. Eight hours of travel, but only four hours of airplane. :eek: Magical Express to ASMusic, check in, receive grocery order, drink wine, chill, watch Stacey. :goodvibes:

Wednesday Jan 23 (Crowd Level 1) - Breakfast in room, arrive for AK EMH rope drop 730, ride major attractions, putter some smaller attractions, back to ASMusic at 1pm for a rest and a bite, to MK to commando (hardly necessary most likely, but I like relaxed efficiency!) during the 3pm parade until closing. Really looking forward to a low crowd park in the evening. ADR at LTTavern at 640.

Thursday Jan 24 (Crowd Level 2) - Breakfast in room, arrive for MK EMH rope drop 730, ride favorites (twice or more!), putter some smaller attractions, back to ASMusic at1pm for a rest and a bite, over to Epcot at 3pm. ADR res at R&Crown at 7pm.

Friday Jan 25 (Crowd Level 3) - Breakfast in room, arrive for HS rope drop 830, ride major attractions, putter some smaller attractions, back to ASMusic at1pm for a rest and a bite, back to MK to commando during the 3pm parade, potentially monorail over to Epcot EMH to 11pm.

Saturday January 26 (Crowd Level 5) - Park day off. Tour Grand Floridian, Poly, Fort Wilderness by boat in the morning, grab a bite and a nap back at ASMusic midday, tour Port Orleans, Key West, Saratoga Springs in the evening, maybe dine along the way. :cool2:

Sunday Jan 27 (Crowd Level 4) Breakfast in room, 9am High School Band Reunion at Epcot! :rockband: Hang out in Epcot all day, back to ASMusic around 6pm for a rest and a bite, back to MK at 9pm for EMH until 11pm!!

Monday January 28 (Crowd Level 3) Breakfast in room, arrive for AK EMH rope drop 730, ride major attractions, putter a few smaller attractions, back to ASMusic at 1pm for a rest and a bite, back out into MK or Epcot to re-ride whatever I want!

Tuesday January 29 - Check out, Magical Express back to an 11am flight and reality. Boo. :sad:

I like your plan! I'm planning a solo trip for either the end of April or beginning of May, I can't wait!!

Sounds like a lot of fun. Have you ever done Downtown Disney? If you wanted to do a part day there, I would do World of Disney and then something like AMC Dine In for dinner.

Sounds similar to my upcoming trip. I love going solo and this will be a much needed trip. I have not been to the world in 2 years and really looking forwarde to it. I arrive on 1/27.

I mostly go solo, and in fact 17 days from tomorrow I will be there. I like going with friends and I like going alone. Going alone you do what you want when you want.

Plan sounds great. My second solo trip is coming up in two weeks. People don't understand how you can go by yourself. My cousin is getting older so she doesn't want to go any more. That's not stopping me. It's great to do what YOU want to do. Whoohoo! A ME party. Have a great time.

I have done many solo trips over the years, always great. I meet up with a good number of folks from these boards while there, so sort of not really solo. But I do have my solo time while there. Always a good time. Another coming up in about 10 days. Enjoy.

OP here.

I go solo once a year, and LOVE it! I really like the combination of relaxing and hanging out + attractions/parks. I stayed a a nice place off-property last year as an experiment, but I prefer on-property. I really didn't mind the shuttle and taxis, but I found I like being on-site much better, even in a lesser resort.

(Edited for correction.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter