Solo trip - from UK

hc88

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I am an everything orlando fan, love all the parks disney, universal and seaworld parks.

Used to visit with family (as a child) and with my now ex partner.

With most my friends being coupled up or with families im considering a solo trip ahhh scary.

Wondered if anyone from the uk has done it before or has one planned? Any advice for money saving as a solo traveller. Are there any companies or groups that organise meet ups for social events or days whilst out there?

Open to all suggestions and advice. Experienced traveller to orlando as part of a group but no idea how to do it alone!

Thanks guys!

I also attempting solo in July/sept. Nothing booked yet was trying to find someone to go with first just incase I could find someone. I'm in the exact same boat as you, even from England too.

I am also very experienced too so hopefully could help each other out...I'll try and pm you if you wish to chat about it.

At the moment I have found flights for 375 through monarch way cheaper than all package prices.

James

I havent got an idea of when im going yet (nor the funds) im just fishing for ideas of is it worth doing, is it enjoyable etc

Im thinking potentially next year for my trip.

Unless i win the lottery anytime soon!

O right ;) well in that case I won't know till I go...but if you've been as much as I have then your going to go sooner or later. Everyone says it's really good so long as your open minded...monorail crawl, nightlife in citywalk, I'm creating a bucket list of solo things to do....like try a man vs food challenge hehe photobomb a family pic then buy the picture myself funny stuff like that ;)

Sounds great. Ive been to florida 4 time but always as a family or with my ex.

Its my favourite place in the world so im starting to get withdrawal symptoms lol!! Tried to persuade my folks but they dont wanna know lol.

Wondered if there were a group of people who regularly meet up out there or whether i could perhaps help set one up. Like a group travelling from the uk who go every couple of years and as you say have a bucket list to achieve each time.

Have fun on your trip! Any hints or tips pass my way!!

You can use the meetup app to see if there are any planned meetings with other disney fans. Gonna use it again when i will travel to disneyworld in september.

O right ;) well in that case I won't know till I go...but if you've been as much as I have then your going to go sooner or later. Everyone says it's really good so long as your open minded...monorail crawl, nightlife in citywalk, I'm creating a bucket list of solo things to do....like try a man vs food challenge hehe photobomb a family pic then buy the picture myself funny stuff like that ;)
Okay the photobombing the family is so much fun. Particularly if you buy the copy for the family too. I did that as a solo the day of a MNSSHP and there was a little boy and his father dressed as Jedi I pretended to force choke them in the photo. It was awesome.

I'm actually saving to go solo in October next year. :)

Won't lie, I'm having a lot of doubts and cold feet over it, but I'm also trying to think of it as a life experience as I'm quite shy and timid. So maybe this will bring me out of my shell a bit.

I'm actually saving to go solo in October next year. :) Won't lie, I'm having a lot of doubts and cold feet over it, but I'm also trying to think of it as a life experience as I'm quite shy and timid. So maybe this will bring me out of my shell a bit.

Yeah i feel the same i know i could keep myself entertained when in the parks, im more apprehensive about the evenings etc and is it still as fun experiencing all the magic of the parks without someone there to share it with.

I guess we wont know until we try!

Yeah i feel the same i know i could keep myself entertained when in the parks, im more apprehensive about the evenings etc and is it still as fun experiencing all the magic of the parks without someone there to share it with.

I guess we wont know until we try!

Yeah the evenings are my main concern too really. :) Although the parks do seem like they would be cool to experience with someone.

Yeah the evenings are my main concern too really. :) Although the parks do seem like they would be cool to experience with someone.

the four times ive been to orlando its always been with at least one other person. Sharing the amazing things that you can see and do in the parks with someone else is what makes it so special to me personally. I just hope if and when i visit again if i am going solo i shall still have the same amazing experience.

I've got my trip booked for the first week in October..as a my first solo Disney trip I'm taking a different approach..100% Disney...no car, stay on property...take some time to experience the atmosphere and just been there...the more I read this forum...the more I can't wait

I've got my trip booked for the first week in October..as a my first solo Disney trip I'm taking a different approach..100% Disney...no car, stay on property...take some time to experience the atmosphere and just been there...the more I read this forum...the more I can't wait

Sounds great only problem for me is i love seaworld and the universal parks and i dont think i could be in orlando and not go! Maybe i should just emigrate! Lol

I'm a seasoned solo traveller from the UK, I never do meet ups over there, but, that is my personal preference. However, doing it solo is great. I would recommend staying onsite and flying into Orlando International if you don't plan on driving, get the DME and have no worries about transportation from OIA to your resort hotel. You won't feel lonely at all, everyone from CMs to fellow guest will talk to you.
Getting to Seaworld is easy, either by shuttle or even cheaper, the no50 Lynx bus from WDW either DTD or the ticketing centre, go on GoLynx.com for the schedule. Mears shuttles get you to US for $20 return, they can be a pain in the morning pickup, arriving a bit late sometimes as they do the rounds of the resorts, but, never had a problem being picked up at night, they run until 3.15am so you can chill out at City Walk afterwards.

Can I be a bit of a party pooper and say that I don't agree with photobombing another family's photos without them knowing, if they have a Memory Maker and they have just the one family photo of a once in a lifetime moment the last thing they need is some idiot spoiling it in the background. If they are in on the joke then great. Just my opinion.

I'm a seasoned solo traveller from the UK, I never do meet ups over there, but, that is my personal preference. However, doing it solo is great. I would recommend staying onsite and flying into Orlando International if you don't plan on driving, get the DME and have no worries about transportation from OIA to your resort hotel. You won't feel lonely at all, everyone from CMs to fellow guest will talk to you. Getting to Seaworld is easy, either by shuttle or even cheaper, the no50 Lynx bus from WDW either DTD or the ticketing centre, go on GoLynx.com for the schedule. Mears shuttles get you to US for $20 return, they can be a pain in the morning pickup, arriving a bit late sometimes as they do the rounds of the resorts, but, never had a problem being picked up at night, they run until 3.15am so you can chill out at City Walk afterwards. Can I be a bit of a party pooper and say that I don't agree with photobombing another family's photos without them knowing, if they have a Memory Maker and they have just the one family photo of a once in a lifetime moment the last thing they need is some idiot spoiling it in the background. If they are in on the joke then great. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the brill post. I know its totally do-able without your own transport. But i have to say driving a lovely big american car is part of the buzz for me!!

Nothings going to stop me coming back within the next year or two, just need to figure out how first!

I live in the UK and did a solo trip back in 2009 and I've got another one booked this December :)

I stayed on i drive last time so I could do the Universal parks etc but I must admit I was a bit nervous walking around at night by myself. I'm staying at WDW this time.

I love visiting with family and friends but I really love solo trips too. If you can, you should definitely go for it ::yes::

I live in the UK and did a solo trip back in 2009 and I've got another one booked this December :) I stayed on i drive last time so I could do the Universal parks etc but I must admit I was a bit nervous walking around at night by myself. I'm staying at WDW this time. I love visiting with family and friends but I really love solo trips too. If you can, you should definitely go for it ::yes::

Hi thanks for your advice!

Im hoping to persuade the family into a trip in the next year or two, but im definitely thinking of a solo trip at some time.

H x

Hi!

Did you ever book your solo trip? I'm planning on going solo oct, love all the parks & would definitely like company along the way! I'm from the Uk too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter