• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo travelers, please help!

lol Tara by white skinned I ment that I will look like a typical northern tourist with pale skin. I do not care to tan before I go and it does not embarass me to wear shorts that expose my pale white, although quite harry, legs. I was trying to think of something that might stand out about me but of course we are talking about a place where thousands of tourist from all over the world visit everyday so I know I wont be the only pale skinned guy there.

By yankee I ment from New England, Maine, specifically. By younger I ment late twenties. Tara looks like we are both "Convention Widows"(but I'm a guy) as you put it but the more I think about my solo time the more I think that its a good thing.

Hope to atleast meet a couple of you there. 10 days to go.

i'll be there solo april 30-may 7, and i'll be at epcot all day on the 5th, and afternon/evening on the 6th! i've got my lgmh ready to go on my bag. we should definitely cross paths! oh, and i'm a mid 20's female.

lol Tara by white skinned I ment that I will look like a typical northern tourist with pale skin. I do not care to tan before I go and it does not embarass me to wear shorts that expose my pale white, although quite harry, legs. I was trying to think of something that might stand out about me but of course we are talking about a place where thousands of tourist from all over the world visit everyday so I know I wont be the only pale skinned guy there.

By yankee I ment from New England, Maine, specifically. By younger I ment late twenties. Tara looks like we are both "Convention Widows"(but I'm a guy) as you put it but the more I think about my solo time the more I think that its a good thing.

Hope to at least meet a couple of you there. 10 days to go.
Glad to hear there will be another New Englander there.
If you see a woman in her late 30s with pasty white ski, that will probably be me:rotfl: I am from Vermont and I too am blindingly white after this long winter. I am debating whether or not to use self tanner so as to spare other tourists the scary:scared1: sight:laughing:
I'll be there 5/4-12:banana:

Looks like there are going to be a lot of us there the same days, sure wish I could make that meet, I'm still trying.

GrupyNee I know what you mean about the long winter the weather lately though has been like summer, so nice. At least here but this past weekend I drove to Northern Maine to visit my brother and it was like going back in time 2 months everything still covered with snow and all the lakes frozen over. I told him he needed to come south to visit me to see spring. My yard has green grass and flowers starting his has snow, ice, and mud.

Looks like there are going to be a lot of us there the same days, sure wish I could make that meet, I'm still trying.

GrupyNee I know what you mean about the long winter the weather lately though has been like summer, so nice. At least here but this past weekend I drove to Northern Maine to visit my brother and it was like going back in time 2 months everything still covered with snow and all the lakes frozen over. I told him he needed to come south to visit me to see spring. My yard has green grass and flowers starting his has snow, ice, and mud.

We have had the nice weather too. Most of the snow is gone but now we get into mud season ~ that's always a joy :laughing: I'm going to get my snow tires taken off tomorrow.
I can't wait to get to WDW where it is really warm.:woohoo:

one more addition for the list: fully charged (rechargable) batteries for the camera. if you wind up taking a lot of pics, purchasing batteries in the parks can get very pricey!!
i agree about aspirin-type products, & the cel phone, too. if you're running late for an ADR, it's much easier to call the restaurant from wherever you are, than going to GS.
also (lesson learned:rolleyes1 ), bring any medication that there is even a remote chance of needing "in an emergency" (i had an asthma attack last year at the top of spaceship earth....very scary, but i hadn't had any "episodes" in a long time so left my inhaler in the room:sad2: ). better safe than sorry:)
btw, i'll be in wdw not solo, but with DH 5/3-5/10, with a LGMH (luggage tag) hanging from my bag. i'll be looking for LMMHs ~ & if you see mine, make sure to say "hi" :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter