Solo traveler looking for fellow Disney-loving friend!

Ahh, yes...the Force is strong in this one ;-)

I'm sure you will have a great time on your trip!! Are you talking about the solo visit for your birthday that you have in your signature? I think a trip to the parks would be an awesome way to spend a birthday! :)

so I see you made it to the dark side (aka the singles social club) I am sure that you will find new park buddies both male and female that will be more than happy to hang out if you are there at the same time. hope you enjoy planning your next trip. I'm working on mine now, I only have 5 days in the park, two of which are with my bff, so I'm trying to make the best of my short time there...good luck and enjoy!!

I have yet to eat lingonberry anything, but I love berries so hopefully they don't disappoint.

just have to give a shout out to IKEA and their swedish meatballs! delicious! i also love how it's so cheap to eat there. Their lingonberry juice is great!

I've never had their lingonberry juice - but I'm also not much of a juice person. But definitely their meatballs are good. When my mom and I visit she usually buys at least one package to bring home.

I did have a good weekend, thanks! Have a move coming up in a month so need to start focusing on packing, blech. Guess what I'll be doing this upcoming weekend ;-)

Ack, sorry to hear about your experiences in IL, and I understand why you'd rather not drive there. I'm glad to hear you made it all out unscathed and hopefully you can look back on it and chuckle. I'm definitely impressed by Chicago's public transportation -- when BF and I visited last Oct we used the busses/trains and never had a problem getting to where we wanted to go, except for one night where I misread the map and we got lost trying to find the train station :rotfl:

I looove the mountains! I was practically born on a beach and lived in Florida until I was 27, but now that I'm in Georgia and have the Appalachians nearby, I have to say that I am a mountain girl at heart. I love visiting them when the weather starts getting cooler. Cold/snow and me only get along for a short time (it's the Florida blood hehe), wish I could endure it for longer!

I've been to Mexico, Canada and Ireland, and topping my list of foreign places is Egpyt to see the pyramids, but under the current conditions I don't think that will be anytime soon. I'd love to visit England and see the old ruins and cathedrals. Ireland is gorgeous and I highly recommend going if you're interested. I have family in Hungary and have tried to make plans to visit several times, but some unfortunate calamity always befalls them so I haven't been able to go yet. I'm learning that Finnish-Swedish-Danish languages seem to be easier for English speakers to learn so I'd like to visit those countries too! :)

Fave Pavillion, hands down, is Mexico :) Seriously, I could live the rest of my life inside it!! I've always loved the boatride, and now that they've revamped it with the 3 Caballeros it's even more awesome! I was able to scratch off one of my bucket list items when I ate at a table overlooking the river area...now I just need to repeat that with the BF ;-). How about you?

I actually stay pretty rooted with my job but I do get to fly nonrev which is very nice and practically free, but that means that I'm never guarenteed a seat so I have to be careful.

Hope you have a happy hump day!

IKEA _is_ always fun, even when I don't buy anything, which is rare. Sometimes I even do shopping for friends who live hundreds of miles away from an IKEA. I can be rather cruddy at interior decorating so it would be really convenient to just lift one of their ready-made rooms and put it in my apt :lmao:

I had a nice lazy weekend - how about you?

IKEA is just always fun - I don't even know why… it just is. And I always end up buying the weirdest stuff. But I don't even know what food we had to stock up on. I think fish may have been involved. But it was my first time eating at their cafe. I went with the chicken strips - so adventurous of me! :cool2:

I do love Chicago. For me, it really is so easy to go to. I love going to the Field Museum and just strolling around. Except I always seem to get lost in the hall of animals! But yep, I refuse to drive in the state of Illinois! I'm weird. :crazy: Its all because of a traumatic experience I had (no injuries, deaths or even accidents so I'm being a smidge overdramatic) while learning how to drive (I was fifteen soooo years agooooo). To get my hours for drivers training my parents thought it would be a good idea for me to drive part of the way during a family vacation. It didn't go well in Illinois. :) I definitely appreciate Chicago's public transportation. I really need to go back to Chicago sometime soon! :)

And Colorado is great. I love just waking up and seeing mountains. Which was also one of my favorite parts about Alaska. But I actually have family in Colorado as well! And also family in Tampa! :) You should try Michigan someday for a "White Christmas" - we didn't have one last year though, which I was so mad about. I've done Denver for New Years though - that was fun. Except for the snowstorm part, but it made things look pretty. :)

Oh gosh, countries… the only one I've been to, other than obviously USA seeing how I live here, is Canada. :) I drive three hours and I'm in Canada so that isn't that hard to do. I really haven't thought too much about countries, just because I have this strong desire to see my own country first. Eventually I'll have to see Belgium. I'd love to go to Finland someday of all places (I'm mostly FInnish). But then obviously the big ones - England, France, Italy. I'm not sure which one I'd want to go to first. France, maybe? For Disneyland Paris? :) Do you have a favorite?

Do you have a favorite World Showcase pavilion?

Does your job allow you to travel a lot? My aunt works for an airline, and she doesn't travel for work, but she gets to fly really cheap - even her family too. So my baby cousin (who isn't much of a baby anymore) had so many stamps in her passport before she was even two.

I should probably sleep.

Hopefully your weekend went well and your upcoming week is even better!

Ahh, yes...the Force is strong in this one ;-)

I'm sure you will have a great time on your trip!! Are you talking about the solo visit for your birthday that you have in your signature? I think a trip to the parks would be an awesome way to spend a birthday! :)

actually no, I have one more planned for Oct 18-23 so I can hit F&W and MNSSHP. my birthday is in May so I always do my birthday solo with one or two days to hang with friends. I love my me time but I also like seeing Disney with my friends that get my obsession...and yes it's an AWESOME way to spend my birthday. this year I spent the day with my best friend and we went to Epcot and Victoria and Albert's and I wore my tiara most of the day...

actually no, I have one more planned for Oct 18-23 so I can hit F&W and MNSSHP. my birthday is in May so I always do my birthday solo with one or two days to hang with friends. I love my me time but I also like seeing Disney with my friends that get my obsession...and yes it's an AWESOME way to spend my birthday. this year I spent the day with my best friend and we went to Epcot and Victoria and Albert's and I wore my tiara most of the day...

Very cool! :-) will you be down there for the October meet they are talking about? I'll have to check my calendar but if possible I think it would be fun to attend the meet! And I so desperately want to visit for the mnsshp. I totally get the needing "me" time as I'm VERY much an introvert, but I love going to the parks with Disney-loving friends, and usually if I can get about 30 mins to myself while they're on a ride I'm good. Lol love that you wore your tiara all day! :-) where else is it better to be a princess on your birthday, after all? ;-)

Very cool! :-) will you be down there for the October meet they are talking about? I'll have to check my calendar but if possible I think it would be fun to attend the meet! And I so desperately want to visit for the mnsshp. I totally get the needing "me" time as I'm VERY much an introvert, but I love going to the parks with Disney-loving friends, and usually if I can get about 30 mins to myself while they're on a ride I'm good. Lol love that you wore your tiara all day! :-) where else is it better to be a princess on your birthday, after all? ;-)

The meet is not the weekend I'm there, I think it's actually after I leave...I have plans that weekend with my bff from home so I'm heading back that Thursday. I do know that there are a group of people that will be at the meet, I love going to the Halloween party and yes I do trick or treat through the park....

It's funny I'm looking for the same thing. I'd love to make new friends, especially ones that love disney. I was supposed to go in Feb 2014 for 10 days around the princess half marathon weekend and do the 5k, but everyone cancelled on me. I was thinking of going November 1-6. I'd catch the last day of the Halloween party on the 1st, hoping they go out with a bang. Plus my favorite band Hanson (yes, I love Hanson with a deep passion and I'm not ashamed, lol) is playing at Epcot on the 4th and 5th. And the food and wine fesvital would be going on around that time. A nice 6 day trip to get my Disney fix.

Anyway, I'm a 28 year old female from upstate New York, single. I was engaged to be married last year but that fell through horribly. Still went on my Disneymoon though. Next time I'll have the disney wedding I always wanted. I've done solo day trips to Disney, but I can't imagine doing a whole real trip alone. Its just more fun with someone else, so I'd love to join you, if you're interested.:thumbsup2

So glad you went on your Disneymoon anyway! Thats awesome that you turned your lemon into lemonade~Im from Upstate NY as well, going on my 1st SOLO trip in October (too early for your Hanson :mic: )

28 and single from Ohio here! My first solo trip is planned for wine and dine weekend. I am running the 5k, my first race ever! Also looking at MVMCP on Nov 11 and will probably stay until the 12th or 13th. I'd love to meet up with other solos!

Hi!! I'm a Florida resident & about 6 hours from WDW. I sometimes take trips alone! :) would love to meet up with others too!!

Hi Bluefox-
...oh and if you want to meet some new Disney friends, come visit the singles soclal club thread, you can totally meet new park buddies, some live in the area and are always up for meeting. there's also a DIS-meet of the group in October if you want to hang with some fun people;)

Would anyone be able to direct me here?? I am a newbie to the solo boards :wave2:

Hey all =) I was solo in July for a couple days and while it had its perks I figured out I'm definitely not a good loner. I'm thinking of going back Oct 7-11, anyone there at that time? :-)
P. S. Bluefox, I sent you a pm-however it didn't show up in my sent messages so if you didn't get it I can try again.

Hey Blue fox,

I wish I met your criteria as I'm a male with unusable extra tickets when my travel partner cancelled on me for sept 27-30 of this year. Hope you find a travel buddy soon rather than having to wait another year.

What date in October is the meet I'm seeing referred to? I can't find the OP.
I'll be there solo the 14th-17th. My husband can't make this trip :sad2: but I don't want to give it up! So, I think I'll go solo and wouldn't mind meeting a couple of girls that might be solo too :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter