Solo traveler in need of some help

HawkeyeThad

Mouseketeer
***I posted this in the Disney Dining Plan forum as well, but I thought some solo travelers might have some advice as well.

Hi everyone, I've been reading the site since around 1998, but I've never needed to post.....UNTIL NOW!

Long story short, a friend from college is getting married in Tampa on August 12th, so I felt it was time to do my first solo trip the following week (13-19). I've lost count of how many trips I've taken to WDW, but this is somewhere in the mid-20's. Back to the point of my post....

I do a little bit of planning for my trips, but a lot of it comes down to just how I feel that day. I've got the free DDP for my trip, and I'm pulling what little hair I have left out trying to figure out my PS's. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'll do a sit-down for lunch, and a counter service for dinner, since it sounds like most dinner hours are booked. My problem is, I don't want to be tied to a park if I get there and it's packed. Should I just bite the bullet and make PS's and stick to them? I'm absolutely losing my mind right now trying to plan this trip! Who knew free dining would add so much stress to a Vacation? Thanks in advance.

I should mention that I'll be spending two days at Universal during this time, which make planning even more difficult!

HawkeyeThad said:
I do a little bit of planning for my trips, but a lot of it comes down to just how I feel that day. I've got the free DDP for my trip, and I'm pulling what little hair I have left out trying to figure out my PS's. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'll do a sit-down for lunch, and a counter service for dinner, since it sounds like most dinner hours are booked. My problem is, I don't want to be tied to a park if I get there and it's packed. Should I just bite the bullet and make PS's and stick to them? I'm absolutely losing my mind right now trying to plan this trip! Who knew free dining would add so much stress to a Vacation? Thanks in advance.

hi - I just did my first solo trip to WDW in over 20 yrs.

I also was suprised that I had to stress so much over food - who would have thought!!

I made PS for every evening that I thought I wanted to eat somewhere. I did find - no matter WHAT TIME I SHOWED UP I was seated without trouble - being a single makes it a lot easier for them to "squeeze" you in. I was early for some and late for others - no problem at all. Since there is no commitment to the meal - skipping is a no fault either. Just pick the restaurant, make the PS for about the time you like and show up before that time, when you are ready. Worst case - you are told to come in closer to that time. (there is a 1 hour window on each side of the PS)

I ran the gammet by the way - Narccoossee's to Raglan Road, Le Cellier, and Boma. So, they all worked out!

Good Luck - enjoy your stay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter