• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo for MNSSHP-Good idea or not

Kristi391

Mouseketeer
So my cousin and her DD and I were going to go down for a long weekend in October for MNSSHP/girls weekend. I was so excited but now they can't go and I don't have other friends or family that want to go. I am thinking I should just go myself. I have a code for 25% off my room, a $250 gift card, and ff miles for at least 1 way of my flight. So it would be a relatively frugal trip. If the others had been going we would have done a day at IOA but I don't think I would do that on my own.

Just need some opinions on whether the party would be fun for a solo adult (sorry if there are already threads on this...I am on my phone on break at work and can't really search)

Any advice on the party or solo trip would be greatly appreciated. I would be going down 10/22-24 or 25. I really want to stay at POFQ but might stick with a value since I won't be splitting the cost. Have stayed at music and pop and didn't have issues with either.

Thanks!!!

Kristi:wizard:

Personally, I think it's well worth it. For me, the vibe and atmosphere of the park during the party is something that just can't be matched.

I went last year to one solo and had a great time. So much that I'm going to 2 more solo this year (as well as one with Mom during that part of the trip).

Thanks for the positive responses. I am still a little apprehensive, but I really need a weekend away so I think I am going to book it tonight!:surfweb::goodvibes

it is by far one of the best ideas I have ever had! you will have so much fun and so much freedom to do what you wish. I got to take pictures with characters that I never saw before (like all 7 dwarfs at once) and it was great trick or treating and ending up with a stash of awesome candy.

trust me, you will have a great time.

I am going solo to the Sept. 30th party. I have been on one solo trip before but never a party. I can't wait!! I can watch the parades, fireworks, and shows. My kids are all about the rides (though the do love the parades and fireworks) so it will be nice to slow down and just enjoy the atmosphere.

Hi Kristi!

Glad to see you are getting excited about your solo trip! I'm going solo to MNSSHP on 9/27 and looking forward to it. I also scored an invite to the Disney Parks Blog "Trick or Meet-up" and I can't wait! :goodvibes

I'll most likely be going to MNSSHP either Sept. 30 or Oct. 2. I'm waiting to see if I can pick up a shift on the 2nd before I buy a ticket. Don't really want to go the 30th since I'm planning on being up to leave my resort by about 7:30 on the 1st to be sure I make it to rope drop at MK.

have dont it a few times and it was great... did not feel alone or funny coz am alone.. also I try to do this when I have an interest in updating Character photo op... makes me feel ok and not guilty of drugging my friends waiting in line...

Since I have booked everything, I am so excited to go!:banana: I keep looking at pics of the party and just wish I were leaving right now!!!

Only 29 more days!!!:cool1:

Since I have booked everything, I am so excited to go!:banana: I keep looking at pics of the party and just wish I were leaving right now!!!

Only 29 more days!!!:cool1:

when are you going... I have friday the 21st but there's a bunch of us... all who have met from here(disboards) and now try to coordinate our travels to the World :) You are very welcome to come join the pack... the more the merrier! And you will be very at home with some of the crew .. they are also from Mass :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter