Solo dining budget

CaliforniaDreamin

<font color=deeppink>DIS Veteran (and then some)<b
I have no clue how much I should allot for a budget on my solo trip. I don't plan eating too fancy. And I have one ADR per day, including 2 days of Rainforest Cafe (thanks Disboards). I know it's impossible to know how much I would personally spend on food, I just would love a guess or average on what solos spend per day on food. It can be total, or per day. Basically what you have spent in the past on previous solo trips. Thank!

well generally have a kitchen or kitchennet - where are you staying?

are you only going to be eating in the parks or outside the parks as well?

will you try Kissimmee or do you only want LBV?

I'll be onsight the whole time. I will be bringing pop tarts for the ocasional snack, but most of the time it will be CS, including the ASM cafeteria.

For food if im going cheap its $50 a day but I usually spend a total of $100 a day. Hey, a girl has to have her souvenirs.

Here are my go-to meals when dining solo:

1. Bar at 50's Prime Time (aka Tune Inn Lounge): Meal and a couple drinks will cost you about 50 bucks including the tip.

2. Flametree BBQ: CS at AK. Love the bbq chicken salad and the beer. About $15 for the meal and drink.

3. Bar at California Grill: This will be a bit pricey, depending on what you order, but figure $50 to $70 for the evening.

4. Big River Grill: Love love love the mushroom burger. They also have a nice Belgian White Wheat Ale. About $35 to $50 depending on drinks.

5. House of Blues: They have an awesome Shrimp Poor Boy. With a beer this will run you about $30 bucks including the tip. Love it.

6. Portofino Inn: Cheese sampler platter and wine. About $50 for the platter and a bottle (not expensive. . .)

Okay these are 6 ideas that I have thrown out there. I left out Rainforest Cafe. I have been there bunches and its good. . .about the same prices as what is already posted in my post. . .

Hope this helps.

For food if im going cheap its $50 a day but I usually spend a total of $100 a day. Hey, a girl has to have her souvenirs.

Amen! Won't buy too much though. My girls don't care anymore:(
Maybe just a few friends and one for me. I want a Pandora charm to go on my bracelet. And a shirt. And.....probably much more!

Here are my go-to meals when dining solo:

1. Bar at 50's Prime Time (aka Tune Inn Lounge): Meal and a couple drinks will cost you about 50 bucks including the tip.

2. Flametree BBQ: CS at AK. Love the bbq chicken salad and the beer. About $15 for the meal and drink.

3. Bar at California Grill: This will be a bit pricey, depending on what you order, but figure $50 to $70 for the evening.

4. Big River Grill: Love love love the mushroom burger. They also have a nice Belgian White Wheat Ale. About $35 to $50 depending on drinks.

5. House of Blues: They have an awesome Shrimp Poor Boy. With a beer this will run you about $30 bucks including the tip. Love it.

6. Portofino Inn: Cheese sampler platter and wine. About $50 for the platter and a bottle (not expensive. . .)

Okay these are 6 ideas that I have thrown out there. I left out Rainforest Cafe. I have been there bunches and its good. . .about the same prices as what is already posted in my post. . .

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the ideas. Definately doing 50's. It's a tradition. 2 times atRainforest. Portofino and California grill out of range. Done Flame Tree BBq, great idea!

The way I budgeted for food was going online and finding the menus of my ADR's and pricing the most expensive entree, dessert, app, & drinks that I would consider eating. Then for cs bf plan on about $12-15, per day and about $15-20 for cs lunch.

I ended up over budgeting, but that meant I had more money for stuff that last day or I was able to get a snack I knew I wanted. I knew I had to have a dole whip, Karamel from Germany, cupcake from Starring Rolls, etc.

It took time to research and plan, but I had enough money for everything I wanted and more.

unfortunately MY souvenirs are wearing a bigger size pants this year!! :lmao:

I would say $50 a day on average. that would be 3 meals and a snack or two, imo...and, yes, i'm GOING to have that snack!

I usually spend $20-$30 a day on food. I don't like huge meals, so I usually get a kids meal for breakfast & lunch, then a regular meal for dinner with a snack somewhere & cups of water instead of sodas with my regular meal & throughout the day. I only do cs meals when I'm solo.

unfortunately MY souvenirs are wearing a bigger size pants this year!! :lmao:

I would say $50 a day on average. that would be 3 meals and a snack or two, imo...and, yes, i'm GOING to have that snack!

YES, for that just toss caution to the wind. How often to you get to snack at Disney??? Dole Whip anyone?? Still mourning the loss of the Figaro Fries. :headache:

The way I budgeted for food was going online and finding the menus of my ADR's and pricing the most expensive entree, dessert, app, & drinks that I would consider eating. Then for cs bf plan on about $12-15, per day and about $15-20 for cs lunch.

I ended up over budgeting, but that meant I had more money for stuff that last day or I was able to get a snack I knew I wanted. I knew I had to have a dole whip, Karamel from Germany, cupcake from Starring Rolls, etc.

It took time to research and plan, but I had enough money for everything I wanted and more.

Super, duper idea. It's always better to overbuget. I may print out some menus and take a look and get an idea of what I would want.

Just to throw another idea out there, I love those little Mickey waffles, so I order a childs breakfast for myself. It's actually a decent amount of food for under $5.

I always budget $100 a day, to cover food, tips, the occasional taxi ride and cheap souvenirs (basically, anything I'd rather use cash for, rather than a credit card). I've never come close to spending that, though...I'm probably somewhere around the $50-$60 a day range.

Normally, I'll eat a small breakfast (a pastry, piece of fruit and an OJ or chocolate milk), grab a QS lunch (hot dog meal, chicken strips or the like), a snack a few hours later (dole whip or other ice cream...sometimes, I'll grab another hot dog :cool1:) and then go to a full service place for dinner ( I don't drink alcohol, usually...though, I have been known to grab dessert).

I'd like to point out that I don't bother with ADR's, unless there's something I really, really want. I usually travel solo, during the offseason and I always have a back-up plan, though I don't recall ever needing it, or having a very long wait for a table.

Your mileage may vary.

Just to throw another idea out there, I love those little Mickey waffles, so I order a childs breakfast for myself. It's actually a decent amount of food for under $5.

Those are yummy and would certainly satisfy my breakfast craving!

I always budget $100 a day, to cover food, tips, the occasional taxi ride and cheap souvenirs (basically, anything I'd rather use cash for, rather than a credit card). I've never come close to spending that, though...I'm probably somewhere around the $50-$60 a day range.

Normally, I'll eat a small breakfast (a pastry, piece of fruit and an OJ or chocolate milk), grab a QS lunch (hot dog meal, chicken strips or the like), a snack a few hours later (dole whip or other ice cream...sometimes, I'll grab another hot dog :cool1:) and then go to a full service place for dinner ( I don't drink alcohol, usually...though, I have been known to grab dessert).

I'd like to point out that I don't bother with ADR's, unless there's something I really, really want. I usually travel solo, during the offseason and I always have a back-up plan, though I don't recall ever needing it, or having a very long wait for a table.

Your mileage may vary.

I think $100 is a very good amount. Esp when there is a Pinkberry in the Charlotte airport and a Lush in the Orlando airport. So I will be doing some pre and after trip shopping!

after going through the menu and TS that I plan to go to I end up just adding the Basic Dining plan to my upcoming trip. Added all the stuff I am going to order and eat and the total was more than the cost of the Basic Dining Plan and with my disney math getting the dining plan the CS and 1 snack is equivalent to being free :rolleyes1 Ahhhh how Disney Math makes everything OK :laughing:

after going through the menu and TS that I plan to go to I end up just adding the Basic Dining plan to my upcoming trip. Added all the stuff I am going to order and eat and the total was more than the cost of the Basic Dining Plan and with my disney math getting the dining plan the CS and 1 snack is equivalent to being free :rolleyes1 Ahhhh how Disney Math makes everything OK :laughing:

DFD, I am thinking about the same thing... still not sure... hmmm :confused3

DFD, I am thinking about the same thing... still not sure... hmmm :confused3

Bets.. even when ordering just the bare minimum for a TS my total without the BS~DP (LOL) plan was $287 (granted the tip is included on this total but thats it one meal!!! If I add the amout for a snakc and a CS add $150 ) and thats just for table service!!!... the BS plan for my length of stay is $270 (yes the DP dont include tip but its still coming out even with the CS and snack items...) So I guess it is basically even for one person, may it be DP or TIW!

Bets.. even when ordering just the bare minimum for a TS my total without the BS~DP (LOL) plan was $287 (granted the tip is included on this total but thats it one meal!!! If I add the amout for a snakc and a CS add $150 ) and thats just for table service!!!... the BS plan for my length of stay is $270 (yes the DP dont include tip but its still coming out even with the CS and snack items...) So I guess it is basically even for one person, may it be DP or TIW!

Very true.... thx for your thoughts....:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter