• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

Hello all;

I will be visiting Orlando Theme Parks from 5th June until 14th of June. I will be coming from Ireland and travelling solo. Would you guys have any tips or hints as I have never been in Orlando before!

Thank you

I've recently moved to Orlando from NJ. I love it! If anyone is looking for a ride/dining buddy, feel free to email me. I will try to arrange my schedule accordingly.

I am thinking about coming late July early August if you are going to be free for a day of Disney or a day of shopping xx

I am headed back for another solo trip the week before Thanksgiving from November 16th through the 23rd. This will be my first time see WDW with the holiday decorations. :cool1::banana::santa::cool1:

Hi I'm new here and I will be in WDW on June 23-25. If anybody wants to join me i would be more than happy :) Waiting alone in line doesn't seem so much fun.
I'm coming from Germany and it will be my first time in the parks :)
Please let me know if you want to spend some time with me, you can email me too (jackshale@ymail.com)

I'm kind of new to the threads but I've been going to Disney for years now and finally put in a contract for DVC at AKL so if it finalizes in time I will be there for at least a week anytime between 9/19-10-1. I'm a 28yo male from Virginia so if anyone's looking for a park and dining partner or just looking to make new friends HMU.

:) I'll be roaming around the parks for the 4th of july weekend looking for a girl to hang out and enjoy the parks with, I also happen to hit the parks about once a month or so :wave2:

Planning on July 3rd at Magic Kingdom for my FIRST EVER solo day-trip!

I've been dying to experience 4th of July fireworks at MK, all my AP friends can't make it. And my husband has to work the 3rd and 4th :confused3

So I'm trying to psych myself up! Hopefully won't seem too lonely for me. Already made FP+ for the parade (first performance), SDMT and Space Mountain.

Dutch guy will be travelling around the usa and hitting Orlando on 8 september. Will be there till 18 september before moving on to my next destination. If anyone wants to meet up during my visit, feel free to join me at the (disney)parks.

First solo trip is Sept 16-19th!!! I am excited and scared and impatiently waiting all at the same time. Going to my first MNSSHP on the 16th as well which should be awesome!!!:artist:

Im pretty jealous cause ive never done solo. However, I will tell you that going deluxe is worth the extra money! I have stayed at the wilderness lodge and it is AMAZING! The best perk being the short awesome boat ride to the magic kingdom. I have tried every single moderate hotel, and none of them compare, or come close! I hope you have a great time!

I'll be doing a solo trip during Labor Day weekend (8/28-9/2) to Disney World and Universal and would love to meet up with a fellow solo lady! Hit me up if you're interested!

Solo trip at AKL starting tomorrow, July 30 through Aug 6th. Have Tutto Gusto after hours booked for Friday night if anyone is interested plus doing a couple tours. :)

Hi, i am desperate to go to WDW but im from the UK and would be travelling on my own (hence being on here) has anyone got any good tips of how to make it cheaper for me, so far the disney site is coming up better value but has anyone got good experience of booking themselves to make it cheaper?

Hi, i am desperate to go to WDW but im from the UK and would be travelling on my own (hence being on here) has anyone got any good tips of how to make it cheaper for me, so far the disney site is coming up better value but has anyone got good experience of booking themselves to make it cheaper?

Have you looked into renting someone's DVC points. I did so in May '13 before I bought in. It saved me a couple hundred for nice accommodations. Then again if you don't need "delux" level rooms, or don't mind staying off site then that may be a better deal.

Undercover tourist tickets can save a dollar here and there. As can shopping for some food to make in your room versus eating in the park. All depends what you want to do!

Good luck with planning. Have you been before?

SOLO travelers ONLY - Are you headed to WDW or a DCL cruise and looking to meet other SOLO DISers? Or do you just want to let other solos know when you will be there? This is the place!

Don't forget to wear your lime green ribbon (or the lime green Mickey paint swatch from Home Depot)!

Shari
Ahhhh a day late and a dollar short. Just got back from travelling solo on DCL and didn't know the "trick" Went to the "solo travellers" lunch that the Cruise Line Facilitated at Royal Court...was the only one there... good meal with two Disney Cast members... =) Will be going to Home Depot tomorrow...have another cruise booked for November!

Ahhhh a day late and a dollar short. Just got back from travelling solo on DCL and didn't know the "trick" Went to the "solo travellers" lunch that the Cruise Line Facilitated at Royal Court...was the only one there... good meal with two Disney Cast members... =) Will be going to Home Depot tomorrow...have another cruise booked for November!

Not sure if anyone still does the Lime Green Mickey Heads, Home Depot paint swatch, etc. The original comments about it were from several years ago, and it doesn't seem to be a common practice anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter