Solo at MVMCP

KampKirby

Earning My Ears
I have a weeklong business trip to Tampa next week and I bought a MVMCP ticket for Tuesday night, 11/17. I also bought an "after 4" convention ticket I plan to use in Epcot the following evening.

Has anyone gone solo to one of these events? Any tips?

I'm used to touring Disney with my family, and I'm trying not to feel too guilty about going to Disney without my kids. I just can't pass up heading to my favorite happy place when I'll be an hour away. I've always wanted to see it snow on Main Street!

There are really two strategies to follow. One involves being open to talk to anyone there while you wait for a parade or ride, for example. Pay attention for someone else who is solo and strike up a conversation. I've done this at table service meals and we have joined up for a meal, right then and there. It helps if you both are just starting your meal.

The other is to be a Rambo and just do ride after ride, show after show, and so forth until you do everything you want and be done.

I have only been once solo and I didn't get any funny looks. I had one awkward moment at the Japanese Teppan Edo restaurant. I was surrounded by teenagers and they were not interested in talking to me at all.

Solo at WDW is fine. Done MVMCP several times solo. Now I talk to everyone - generally other guests w/families will talk faster and definitely be flatter - to talk to you. some people just love to talk to an adult.

OP - looks like your trip is now!

If you do use that after 4 ticket for EPCOT tonight - just realize the park is only open until 9pm tonight. Don't waste TOO much time in a ride line. They usually let folks enter a ride line right up until closing - so don't waste an hour in line at Soarin' tonight if you didn't get a FP. Just get in line at like 8:50 pm (well, unless you plan to watch the fireworks). Also - be sure to use the SINGLE RIDER line for Test Track. Also - really get there at the turnstile by 4pm -- it's going to be a short 5 hours!!! Also - if you are going to hit a shop like Mousegears - realize they stay open after park close.

I will doing the same on Dec. 11th. Solo MVMCP. In Orlando for a convention. I was able to do the same thing at a previous convention a few years ago. It was in Jan however with no Christmas, but the solo part anyways. It was super weird feeling at first without the family, but it was a really good time to go at my pace. Enjoyed talking to young families from time to time.

Has anyone done the Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness?? Considering doing that on the 12th, then resort hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter