"Sole" Searching - Shoe Advice

I wore Melissa Campana ZigZag jelly flats everyday at WDW. They are soft jellies with absolutely no support, super comfy, no rubbing, light. It's like going barefoot. Might not be for you but it worked great for me :thumbsup2

For me, the weight of shoes makes it problematic on my lower back. This past trip, I found a pair of Sketchers "Go Walk" shoes, and it was the first trip I wasn't in pain. There's different styles that fit differently, so you will want to try on several different styles to see what works best for you, but hopefully something like that will work as well for you as it did for me!

Keens have been my "Disneyland Shoes" for quite a while now. I have a closed, sneaker/hiking style that is good for cooler weather, plus a couple or sandal styles for summer. I like that they can get wet without any problems, too. They seem to have enough support and are comfortable to walk around in all day and night! As other mentioned, it's important to bring a few pairs and switch around. Even with the Keens, my feet do better switching off shoes. Good luck!

I have Merrells and Teva, got both from REI both cost round the $100. mark. but lord did they feel like heaven.. I have rods in my lower back, arthritis through the middle and upper part of my back. a hip that may need to be replaced and a bad knee... and high arches , and I use custom inserts.. Im just walking on sunshine..:rotfl2:

The Merrells I got about a week before our trip and I never once had an issue with blisters or sore feet. My back was not screaming at my at the end of the day, and I could do more walking and stayed longer in the parks because of the shoes..:)

I have some Teva Tirra sandals that are very supportive and comfortable. I also love Privo shoes by Clarks. Keens and Merrills are also good. I would go to REI and try on several styles to see what fits you well. Alternate with well fitting athletic shoes with moisture wicking socks. I've never had a problem.

Last summer I wore Crocs flats all day in the parks. The ones that look the jellies from the 80's. The were comfy AND cute. Some evenings I changed to tennis shoes because my feet get cold. In November I wore two different pairs of Crocs flats and wore those all day everyday. Crocs are now my official DLR shoes. I'd never wear the clogs, but I love the flats. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter