SOG wedding, Wishes at the poly?

SOnotLayuh

DIS Veteran
We are having a SOG ceremony, with dinner afterwards at one of their two restaurants. Nothing big. We would, however, like to go across the street to watch Wishes. Is the Poly better than the GF? Will the DVC villa construction block our view at the Poly? The wedding is in October.

If we wanted to do this, could we bring wine for everyone? We're thinking 20-30 people. I'm also interested in learning about what Disney could possibly arrange for us. Maybe wine, coffee, and a Disney wedding cake there on the beach? Who would I contact about finding out prices and options?

Thank you in advance!

Not 100% sure, but I think it might be easier to book an event through Disney using GF space. There is actually a venue there where people book Wishes fireworks Dessert Parties. I forgot the name of the venue....is it Sago Cay?? You can order desserts, alcohol, you can even get the Wishes music piped in for an even better experience!

The view of Wishes from the Poly beach is wonderful as well. You could probably bring some wine, as long as you are discreet, but it's doubtful they would allow a wedding cake....I could be wrong though. To my knowledge, there are no dessert party venues you can formally book at the Poly.

Thank you for your advice!

Who would I call to book the GF party?

I *think* you want to call Disney Catered Events. I had a non-DFTW & had an Illuminations Dessert Party at Epcot & that's who I went through. They were wonderful to work with :)

Not 100% sure, but I think it might be easier to book an event through Disney using GF space. There is actually a venue there where people book Wishes fireworks Dessert Parties. I forgot the name of the venue....is it Sago Cay?? You can order desserts, alcohol, you can even get the Wishes music piped in for an even better experience! The view of Wishes from the Poly beach is wonderful as well. You could probably bring some wine, as long as you are discreet, but it's doubtful they would allow a wedding cake....I could be wrong though. To my knowledge, there are no dessert party venues you can formally book at the Poly.

It's gotten harder to park at the Poly with all the construction, and it's cut down on the amount of beach you have to watch Wishes from. I agree with doing the GF!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter