SOG + using other resort pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phyllisi

Mouseketeer
We will be at the Shades of Green resort in less than a week. Can we use Disney resort pools?

pool hopping is not allowed....each resort pool is for that resorts guests only.
Have a great trip, wish i was going in a week :goodvibes

No, no and NO. You've touched on a very sensitve subject here on the DIS.

There are signs at each resort stating that they are for the exclusive use of guests of that particular resort only. I've seen people tossed out and it's just not nice to those who have paid a lot of money to stay at that particular resort.

Just got back from SOG and thier pools are not as nice as the Disney Resorts we have been tempted to hop on over to Poly and use thier pool but didn't do it. The only thing that makes the other pools better is the water slides which makes it fun for your kids. Any way the SOG far out does the other resorts in room size and quality of accommodations, SOG is a deluxe resort. The resort is way more peaceful than any Disney Resort.

Not only is pool hopping not allowed, but when you stay at SOG, you're not even a disney resort guest. You won't have Disney ID cards.

"but when you stay at SOG, you're not even a disney resort guest"

My understanding of SOG is that you can take advantage of EMH but not of Disney airport transportation or the meal plan. HTH.

I have stayed at Disney Resorts and SOG, allmost all perks of staying at a Disney Resort are the same at SOG. EMH, free parking, etc....

I have stayed at Disney Resorts and SOG, allmost all perks of staying at a Disney Resort are the same at SOG. EMH, free parking, etc....

Yes "almost", but you do not have a Disney resort ID card, you can not charge back to your room from inside the parks and Disney resorts, you can not use Magical Express. I think the point that she was trying to make was not to insult you, but just saying that resort pool hopping is not allowed, but some people do try and get away with it in hopes that they will just ask for a quick look at the resort ID card. A quick flash of a Disney resort ID card would look the same regardless of what hotel you are at, they would need to look at the numbers on the bottom to determine what resort you were at. Staying at SOG you will not have this card so you could not do a quick flash in hopes that they don't look closer...

Regardless pool hopping is only allowed for DVC members that are staying at a DVC resort and even they can not use ALL the pools on proerty, and it is not an available option all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter