• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SoG or ASM? (or somewhere else?)

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
My family always stays at either BLT or SSR. I have a friend who is asking me about SoG, and I don't know how to answer her. The lack of DDP and ME turns me off it, but I'm not sure if there are other benefits. The threads that I've looked at also make it seem like bus service (Is it the same busses other resorts use?) is slim pickings. Please share any advice/hints/tips/recommendation. Thanks!

We've stayed at Disney-owned resorts as well as SOG. If it were me and the choice was between a Disney value resort and SOG it would be no contest- SOG would win hands-down. It's a beautiful resort and the rooms are huge. Definitely comparable to a Disney deluxe resort. (It actually was a Disney-owned deluxe resort in the past.)
Now, realize that we do not use ME or the DDP even when we stay in Disney-owned resorts so YMMV.

SOG is very nice and we enjoyed our stay. I didn't like the bus schedule but you are in walking distance to the Poly and can catch the monorail there. The dining choices at SOG are bad. Service slow and food is not worth the price. They don't have that Disney feel to it so if your into being surrounded by Disney during your stay I wouldn't pick SOG. Like the previous post I'd stay at SOG over a value but this coming Feb we had a choice between SOG and a moderate. I chose a moderate. The room is smaller but the dining choices are better, transportation is better and you can't beat Disney customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter