• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SOG 6 people in a room

houseofmouse

Disneyland, Ca
We are staying at SOG and want to cancel 1 room to save $$. I know it what the max occupancy is BUT Can 3 adults and 1 teen and 2 pre-teens manage in one room for 11 days?? I know the place is cheap but the people we are going with want to save some cash since they are 4p and we are 2p.

In all the rooms we've stayed in we've had two queens beds and a pull out sofa. I really don't see 4 adults, plus 3 kids staying in one room comfortably. I would really suggest keeping two rooms. What is the pay grade you are going by to get the rooms. If both parties are in the military go with the lowest rate and have them order the rooms.

You say you know what the max occupancy is and it definetly isn't 6, so you aren't planning on being dishonest and trying to hide a member of your party right??? If you all want to bunk together you need to go for a suite. If not no other choice but they need to pay for their own room. Maybe you can be nice and take one member of their party into your room:confused3

We have stayed at SOG many times and I don't see how you could be comfortable with that many people for that amount of time in one room.

We have stayed at SOG many times and I don't see how you could be comfortable with that many people for that amount of time in one room.

First, I definitely do not advocate breaking the rules on the occupancy limit. In addition, I can't imagine sharing an overloaded room with another family for 11 days (it would be one thing if it was one family, but to navigate a crowded room with an another family would drive me crazy).

Here is an idea to save money: shorten the trip. If you cut 2 -3 days from the trip, that might save enough to cover the second room (which you really should get anyway, due to the occupancy restrictions).

Thats what I thought and my friends ended up agreeing. So I will keep my own room (thx goodness) and not break any rules.

Another to consider is just one bathroom with all of those people might be a little rough. I don't know when you are going, but maybe 2 rooms at a value resort would save money. good Luck!

We are staying at SOG and want to cancel 1 room to save $$. I know it what the max occupancy is BUT Can 3 adults and 1 teen and 2 pre-teens manage in one room for 11 days?? I know the place is cheap but the people we are going with want to save some cash since they are 4p and we are 2p.

The sleeper sofa is a very small double. I do'nt know that two pre-teens could share it without the room becoming a crime scene.

And I think you'd have some real issues with privacy and just all being a bit too close for comfort sharing that space for 11 days.

Anne

Thats what I thought and my friends ended up agreeing. So I will keep my own room (thx goodness) and not break any rules.

The poster has already decided not to do this - they are keeping to rooms.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter