soft sided coolers

tigger53

"It all started with a mouse!"
since i've come onto these great boards i've been reading a lot about soft side coolers, something i wasn't too familiar with, until today. we were at target and i happened to go down the aisle with all these coolers and they were 50% off so i had to give a look see. first there was a cooler that folded down flat and held six cans plus ice for only 2.98, great i thought, i 'll get this for the two cruises this summer, then two items over was a cooler that held 12 cans plus ice, thats for us , and only 3.98, but wait now i find a 24 can one for only 4.98 and now i'm ready to leave with a great buy when lo and behold i spot the ultimate soft sided cooler,holds 54 cans plus ice and has wheels and hidden pockets and a bungee cord and for the amazing low price of 12.98 and it folds down flat for convient packing, except i decide i'll use it on the plane with my two camera bags and a nebulizer in it and when we get to the ship, wa la instant bar. just wanted to pass this along in case you have a target and are in need of a portable bar, camera bag. at 50% off.:Pinkbounc

There are a number of reasons that people choose to bring coolers: 1) bringing one's own drinks can save a substantial sum of money; 2) many people's preferred soft drink is not available on board; 3) the refrigerators on board are very good at keeping things cold, but not as good at cooling things down--bringing on drinks that are already cold helps immensely with this issue; 4) with smaller collapsible coolers, many people use them to carry drinks and keep them cold on the shore excursions both to save money and to have ready access to cold drinks in the tropical heat; 5) some people choose to ice their drinks rather than put them in the refrigerator, so a cooler is necessary.

We actually took our big hard-sided cooler on wheels on our cruise 1/18. We packed it with soft drinks, water bottles, beer, liquer,etc. We had no problems wheeling it on the boat even though there is a sign saying "no coolers". I had read on this forum you could bring them, so we tried and it worked. When we got to our room, we had it filled with ice and placed it on our verandah. We saved lots of money this way and on the way home it held our dirty clothes. Wow! Two uses in one! We also took a soft-sided cooler for the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter