Soft Openings for AVATAR/ ROL during PHM Weekend?

britterbell

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone knew/has a guess as to when soft openings for AVATAR and ROL will begin? We're planning on going to PHM weekend in February, and would love to see them then. If not, we'll be returning to WDW early August as well. Any info would be awesome!

RoL should certainly be fully open by then. I've heard that we should expect to see a RoL debut between September and November of this year, so you'll definitely want to build in time for that during your PHM trip. As far as AVATAR goes, that's anyone's guess. As far as I know, Disney doesn't even have an exact timeframe. The best I've heard is that they're hoping to open it sometime in the first half of the year. If I had to guess, I'd say softs are unlikely for your PHM trip, but luckily, I'd expect to see it open for your early August trip.

Hope this helps and good luck with your race!

RoL should certainly be fully open by then. I've heard that we should expect to see a RoL debut between September and November of this year, so you'll definitely want to build in time for that during your PHM trip. As far as AVATAR goes, that's anyone's guess. As far as I know, Disney doesn't even have an exact timeframe. The best I've heard is that they're hoping to open it sometime in the first half of the year. If I had to guess, I'd say softs are unlikely for your PHM trip, but luckily, I'd expect to see it open for your early August trip.

Hope this helps and good luck with your race!

Thanks a bunch! :)

I noticed that the Jungle Book show ends first week in Sept. hopefully that's when the ROL show will begin.. that's what I am hoping for anyway... were there Sept 11 - 17..:dogdance:

I honestly think no chance on Avatar. RoL I wouldn't hold my breath on. Based on what a lot of people are posting it seems like they aren't making a lot of head way and that alternate shows are looking for cast members in the fall.

Just curious if anyone knew/has a guess as to when soft openings for AVATAR and ROL will begin? We're planning on going to PHM weekend in February, and would love to see them then. If not, we'll be returning to WDW early August as well. Any info would be awesome!

We're going in early March, and honestly I'm kind of hoping that Avatar won't be open (soft or otherwise) by then, to help keep crowds down.

The current Jungle Book performers only have contracts through Labor Day, and Auditions are holding casting for more Jungle Book performers for an August contract. Most Equity contracts are ~6 months.

So that's a clue.

What the heck went wrong with ROL? and who is responsible? What a major fail. Like 2 weeks before they say the shows not ready and then delay it for MONTHS? Wow, doesn't look good for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter