Soft Opening of F&W Festival 2014?

BlondeAppetit

DIS Veteran
Earlier I heard about a "soft" opening of the F&W Festival...does anyone know when this begins?

If there is such a thing...I would LOVE to know!

Our trip is in early September 2014!

Last year they has a cars member event the Thursday before the actual opening.

It is always on the Thursday before food and wine starts on Friday. if you go be prepared for some places not to be open at all and others to have limited food. the day is really so the cms working it can be ready to not have issues the next day so they have limited quantities of things they are selling on that day.

If it's as usual it will only be on Thursday the 18th that they have their "rehearsal." No earlier.

We did this last September for the first time. What we found was that nothing really opened before 1 pm and it was a staggered opening so everything opened at a different time. By 5 pm, when the cast member preview started, everything was up and running. I would still highly recommend it...we loved it! But we had planned on snacking around the world for lunch and had scheduled a TS for dinner. With everything opening over a four hour time period, we were not really hungry for dinner. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter