Soft Opening of F&W Festival 2014?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by BlondeAppetit, May 27, 2014.

1. BlondeAppetit

BlondeAppetit DIS Veteran

Earlier I heard about a "soft" opening of the F&W Festival...does anyone know when this begins?

If there is such a thing...I would LOVE to know!

Our trip is in early September 2014!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Last year they has a cars member event the Thursday before the actual opening.

4. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

It is always on the Thursday before food and wine starts on Friday. if you go be prepared for some places not to be open at all and others to have limited food. the day is really so the cms working it can be ready to not have issues the next day so they have limited quantities of things they are selling on that day.

5. MakiraMarlena

MakiraMarlena It's a big black fish to you

If it's as usual it will only be on Thursday the 18th that they have their "rehearsal." No earlier.

6. minnierocks

minnierocks DIS Veteran

We did this last September for the first time. What we found was that nothing really opened before 1 pm and it was a staggered opening so everything opened at a different time. By 5 pm, when the cast member preview started, everything was up and running. I would still highly recommend it...we loved it! But we had planned on snacking around the world for lunch and had scheduled a TS for dinner. With everything opening over a four hour time period, we were not really hungry for dinner. :goodvibes