Soft Drinks

tigger2002

DIS Veteran

My understanding is that you can bring soft drinks onboard the Disney cruise ships. Right?

How many do you usually bring?
How do you bring them onboard?
What is the ONE soft drink that you have to bring? Mountain Dew here.

They have free soft drinks on the ships (but not Mtn Dew) so we do not bring them on. You have to carry them on in your "carryon" baggage so what ever you feel like dragging around until the rooms open at 1:30 or so.

My understanding is that you can bring soft drinks onboard the Disney cruise ships. Right?

A variety of Coke products are available free of charge on the pool deck, in Cabanas, and in the MDRs. If you want something that isn't offered, e.g. Moutain Dew, you can bring that onboard in your carry-on luggage. You can bring as many as you want as long as you can lug them around with you until the staterooms are available at 1:30. When I carry on beverages, I put them in a rolling suitcase to make it easier to transport until our room is ready.

DH says he going to carry on Coke Zero on our next cruise. He is diabetic and doesn't really like Diet Coke.

Is ginger ale available? Not for a sick tummy issue but i just like to drink it. :)

Is ginger ale available? Not for a sick tummy issue but i just like to drink it. :)

Its offered for free in the MDR, but not at the soda machines. We carried our own on. We also carried on juices and root beer (to make soft serve floats!!)

As others have said, it's in the MDRs but not the self-serve stations. That said, if you are Concierge they *will* stock it in your room if you ask, and it's available whenever the Concierge lounge is open.

Has anyone noticed or can confirm that DCL has added Powerade to the drink stations. I was on the Dream last January and I was surprised to not see it. It's a popular coke product when you're staying at WDW resorts.

We always bring on Diet Dr. Pepper on a collapsible luggage cart with wheels. IIRC it was at least 8 cartons (96 cans) for a l5 day cruise and we still needed to restock in port. Yes, DH is addicted to the stuff, and proud of it. Yes, we had to wheel it around with us through lunch (and the dining staff "offered" to help us drink it.) Going through ship security, we had to send each 12-pack through the scanner then load it back onto the luggage cart, but he figured it was worth it.

DH says he going to carry on Coke Zero on our next cruise. He is diabetic and doesn't really like Diet Coke.
What ship? Our last two cruises were on the Magic (as recent as Oct 2016) and they had Coke Zero in the drink dispensers in Cabanas for sure. I rarely drink coffee, so that was my morning caffeine fix every day.

What ship? Our last two cruises were on the Magic (as recent as Oct 2016) and they had Coke Zero in the drink dispensers in Cabanas for sure. I rarely drink coffee, so that was my morning caffeine fix every day.

The Fantasy (as of Dec 17). I have heard it is on other ships--Just not the Fantasy.
I also thought it was odd that Sprite Zero was available on Castaway Cay but not on the Fantasy.

They had ginger ale at the drink station on the Magic last month. I was surprised to see it, I had never seen it before.

Heading on our first cruise in March, Is there ice tea available?

Regular iced tea (unsweetened) is available in the MDRs. There is Fuze tea in the drink station. There are also tea bags so you can brew your own (1 glass at a time). I'm not sure about room service.

Coke Zero was not on the Fantasy (neither self-serve nor MDRs) a few weeks ago when we sailed. I hate Diet Coke so I asked & looked, but Diet Coke was the only diet soda they had besides Sprite Zero.:sad2:

Glad to hear Coke Zero is still on the Magic, which we'll sail on next year.

The Fantasy (as of Dec 17). I have heard it is on other ships--Just not the Fantasy.
I also thought it was odd that Sprite Zero was available on Castaway Cay but not on the Fantasy.
The Fantasy does have Sprite Zero in the MDR's. That's what they offered me after telling me they did not serve Coke Zero.

Btw, another poster reported that there was no Coke Zero on the Dream in February '16.

Last edited:
Is root beer not available on the ship?
Yes, it's available. This is the drink fountain (in the kitchen on the Magic):
magic 2016 galley tour P1090473 1500.jpg

It's Fanta root beer. You can get it at meals in the dining room (included in cruise fare).

You can get root beer in the bars/lounges and room service, for a cost.

It is not on the regular drink stations on the pool deck.

So we would in fact need to bring our own root beer on board as MunFam does if we wanted floats as the only place available without a charge is at dinner in MDR?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter