Soft Drinks Included?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing I want is for Disney to charge another fee/up room costs to cover something we may not even use. As it is we "pay" for Magical Express( I know those fees are rolled into the room rates to cover their expenses to run this program) yet we don't ever fly so we've never use this "perk". I'm sure it's great for those who do fly, but it would be nice if those who don't fly didn't have to pay the same price as those who do use ME.

As for the soda, I think the refillable mug is a better option than what OP is suggesting. This way only those who want to get unlimited sodas can get them and have the mug to take home. Those who don't drink that much soda shouldn't have to pay for something they won't use.

I just had a thought - why doesn't Disney just increase room rates by $10 - $15 per person and include the drink fountains at the resorts just like they do on the cruises?

That way, everyone would be paying for their own fountain drinks rather than those of us buying mugs or dining plans paying for the drinks for the other non-buyers! :thumbsup2

The fountains on the cuiseline I go on only include lemonade, iced tea, tea, and coffee. If you want soda for the trip you had to pay $29.99 and got a mug that had to be refilled at the bars.

I think WDW is handling this just fine IMO. If you want the soda, you pay for the mug. I never assume people are stealing soda at the fountains. If they are, then, oh well.

They boosted the resort prices already this year, and you know they figured the "free WiFi" into it already.

If I had any complaint it's that I wish they offered some better stuff for the kids to drink at the fountains, other than soda.

I just had a thought - why doesn't Disney just increase room rates by $10 - $15 per person and include the drink fountains at the resorts just like they do on the cruises?

That way, everyone would be paying for their own fountain drinks rather than those of us buying mugs or dining plans paying for the drinks for the other non-buyers! :thumbsup2

I wish they'd raise the room rates by $40/day and include free beer for everyone.

Since that works for me, it works for everyone, right?

I wish they'd raise the room rates by $40/day and include free beer for everyone.

Since that works for me, it works for everyone, right?

I'm just figuring how many beers (at WDW prices) I need to drink each day to make this cost efficient!

:scratchin

Why should someone be forced to pay for something that they have no intention on using? :confused3 They shouldn't. Fortunately, Disney knows that.

The government should take a lesson from Disney...lol!

OP - I wouldn't want drinks as part of my room fee, either.

We are basically on refillable mug thread, which is a sticky... So this is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter