Sofa and Chair Sleepers at AKV

gpaddlefoot

MU Fan/Dad
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how comfortable are the sofa and chair sleepers at AKV for an adult. Is it really possible to sleep on a chair sofa?:confused3 Also, are the 1 bedroom villas at AKV large enough for 4 adults (DH DW DD17 DS20) ie bathrooms/sleep areas or should we get 2 bedroom? Thanks for any info.:worship:

Bigger is always better. :thumbsup2

It depends on how much time you spend in your room. If you are a newbie, you probably hit the parks commando style and only need a place to pass out.

If you wear seasoned Mouse Ears, you spend more time in your room and would enjoy the extra space.

We haven't done it yet....and we're basing it on what we perceive...we had a 2 bedroom in Kidani for 4 adults and 3 children, and there was 1 adult on the sofa in the living room.

DSis came over, she was staying in a studio we had rented for her, and she suggested that if we stay at BLT or Kidani again, we should just rent a 2 bedroom and she would take the sleeper chair. Will it work? I don't know but that's what I booked for the marathon weekend in January, only the 2 bedroom for the 5 adults and 3 children.

The kitchen living area did look as if it could accomodate 4 adults without everyone on top of each other, and the bath off the living room is nice to have, the master bath is huge!

I would try it before I would get the 2 bedroom. Maybe it will work!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We had three adults and one older kid (almost a teen) in a SSR one bedroom and it was very crowded. The AKV one bedroom isn't much bigger (if it is any bigger) and some of that space is used up by the extra bathroom and the sleeper chair. I think it would be very crowded for four adults.

Don't forget if you are in Kidani you will have 2 bathrooms. That will help with showering for dinner. We just had 5 in the one bedroom but 3 were our children. I think you could do 4 adults, no problem. have fun

I stayed in a 1Br at Kidani recently and DH and I used the pullout couch (we put our kids in the master - 2 in the bed, one in the crib). Bed was quite firm and OK for vacation. The chair pullout is quite small - much narrower than a regular twin.

We stayed at AKL Jambo in a 1BR last summer. We gave DF 77 the king room. DH and DS slept on the sleep sofa. I 5' 9", pooh sized slept on the sleep sofa and was pleasantly surprised how comfortable it was.

Janis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter