sodas and snacks can't be brought onboard?

Lilo5

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm reading my travel docs, and it says there that I can't bring a cooler with personal items (eg sodas or snacks). It also says that I can't pack any beverage containers in my checked luggage. How do people manage to bring their own bottled water, wine, favorite snacks, etc? I can't imagine them all being in my day bag. :confused:

You can't bring a hard sided cooler. Many people bring their drinks and snacks in soft sided coolers or the bag from the store.

Remember soda is now free at the drink station on deck 9.

As for snacks, I don't think you will have any problems bringing on board a reasonable amount. Don't forget that room service has some "snacks" that are free while more traditional snacks like chips or popcorn are NOT free.

We just got off and we took on snacks with no problem. I made gift bags for my two grandchildren with chips, candy and granola in them.

I can kinda understand bringing on your own soda/beer/wine - kinda, but not really. The hassel is not worth it.

I don't understand bringing on your own food. There is food aplenty afloat. They just don't have the "junk food" - chips and candy for free. But there is plenty of other "sinful" food around. From Plutos you can get burgers, fries, hotdogs, polish dogs, nachos (hey, heres some chips), etc. From scoops you get fruit (why:confused: ), ice cream::yes:: and chocolate chip cookies:bounce: . From Pinnocios you have pizza. Room service has lots of stuff to hold you over to the next meal (cheese and crackers, fruit:confused: , mickey ice cream bars:tongue: , etc, etc, etc.

Then after dinner, the have late night snacks - small servings of different types of cakes/deserts.

When we've had early dinner seating we go to the show afterwards, DCL has people selling snacks and smoothies. Now I'm a big guy and can eat a lot but that was just too much. Yea the kids love those smoothies, but I couldn't eat another bite!

Remember soda is now free at the drink station on deck 9.
I hadn't heard this!!! That is great news. I must have been away from the boards when this little tidbit of info came to light. (I imagine there was a small flurry of excitement on the boards when people realized the new soda policy!)

cheap mom...

Yes indeed...sometime over the summer DCL started offering "no extra charge" (as we all know we pay dearly for the the price of the cruise) soda at the drink station. You have your choice of coke, diet coke, sprite, diet sprite, iced tea, lemonade, milk, coffee, tea, hot cocoa.

It is also still complimentary in the dining rooms but if you order soda from any of the bars or room service you will be charged.

MJ

Your "day bag" can be quite sizable - the size of an airline carryon. If I were carrying liquor, pop, snacks, I'd bring one of those small rolling suitcases.

But, if you board before 1:30, you may not be able to get in your room to drop it off. Its going to be cumbersome when you go to lunch, get your reservations, etc. Personally, I'd have to have a real addiction to something not offered onboard at all (even if I need to pay for my rum) to make it worth the hassle....but its your decision.

Keep in mind the "room fridge" is really a cooler. It doesn't keep things too cold.

HI THERE~

JUST GOT OFF THE WONDER ON SUNDAY. THEY DO SERVE CHIPS FREE UPSTAIRS BY THE MICKEY POOL. MY DAUGHTER GRABED A FEW BAGS.

I WAS ON A TIGHT BUGET, & I DID BRING A SMALL BOTTLE OF PINA COLDA, & SOME SMALL BOTTLES OF WINE THEY WERE PACKED IN MY SUITCASE. KNOW ONE BOTHERD ME. I DID DRINK BOTH. I ALSO PACKED 2 CANS OF COKE, FOR CC.

IN MY SUITCASE,I PACKED A SMALL FABRIC COOLER FOR CC ISLAND, BUT IT WAS RAINING LIGHTLY, & NO NEED FOR IT. AFTER THE CRUISE, I THERE IT OUT, IN MY ROOM.

WE TOOK IN MY SUITCASE, SOME SMALL BAGS OF M&M'S FOR THE THEATER. THEY SELL BAG'S OF POPCORN FOR THE THEATER. WE HAD EARLY DINNER, AFTER DINNER, WE WENT TO THE THEATER. TRUST ME, AFTER ALL THE FOOD YOU EAT, YOUR NOT EVEN GOING TO LOOK AT POPCORN OR M&M'S

JRRABBIT IS RIGHT, THERE IS SO MUCH FOOD, THAT YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO BRING ON MUCH.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Unless there's something that your kids just can't live without, leave the food at home. There is so much food available on board....if you want snacks for the movies, you can always go to deck 9 and get something before you go to the movie.

I sometimes bring a 6 pack of DD's favorite soda as they don't serve it on board. Put it in a good quality plastic bag in a small rolling carry on. Mostly...since she's older now, I tell her to make due with diet coke. For a week, it won't kill her!

If you need special food for medical reasons, contact DCL and they will arrange it all with/for you.

Originally posted by PURTYPAT1
HI THERE~

JUST GOT OFF THE WONDER ON SUNDAY. THEY DO SERVE CHIPS FREE UPSTAIRS BY THE MICKEY POOL. MY DAUGHTER GRABED A FEW BAGS.

I WAS ON A TIGHT BUGET, & I DID BRING A SMALL BOTTLE OF PINA COLDA, & SOME SMALL BOTTLES OF WINE THEY WERE PACKED IN MY SUITCASE. KNOW ONE BOTHERD ME. I DID DRINK BOTH. I ALSO PACKED 2 CANS OF COKE, FOR CC.

IN MY SUITCASE,I PACKED A SMALL FABRIC COOLER FOR CC ISLAND, BUT IT WAS RAINING LIGHTLY, & NO NEED FOR IT. AFTER THE CRUISE, I THERE IT OUT, IN MY ROOM.

WE TOOK IN MY SUITCASE, SOME SMALL BAGS OF M&M'S FOR THE THEATER. THEY SELL BAG'S OF POPCORN FOR THE THEATER. WE HAD EARLY DINNER, AFTER DINNER, WE WENT TO THE THEATER. TRUST ME, AFTER ALL THE FOOD YOU EAT, YOUR NOT EVEN GOING TO LOOK AT POPCORN OR M&M'S

JRRABBIT IS RIGHT, THERE IS SO MUCH FOOD, THAT YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO BRING ON MUCH.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

I'm glad this worked out for you, but please, everyone, follow the Disney guidelines and carry on your beverages. Someone once posted here that their bags had been the victim of a bottle of red wine breaking open - in someone elses luggage! I think most of us would be quite irate to discover all our careful packing and planning and picking out of a formal dress to be for naught when our clothes were all ruined by someone else's bottle of wine.

I know the retort for this is "I put mine in a plastic bag and wrap them in clothes - no danger of ever breaking" We had the pleasure of watching Disney load luggage from our veranda - and there was nothing atypical about Disney baggage handling - they can throw bags around with the best airline employee - drop them off carts and everything - and if you don't think that the glass from the bottle will cut right through that ziploc bag, you are fooling yourself.

I'd hate for DCL to decide to change their policy and not allow any alcohol to be brought onboard because some people couldn't follow the simple guidelines given.

Canned soda is different and better than syrup-based soda. Bottled water is better than ship's tap water. And it's convenient to have them readily available in your room. I plan to pack them in a soft-sided cooler which we carry on.

But I can't see bringing snacks when the ship is full of scrumptious food.

Well I have to bring my own protien drinks on board, I hope I don't need a note from my Doctor.

You can bring them onboard, you just have to have them in your carryon and not a cooler.

And you may not be able to bring them back into the country with you due to customs regulations.

Originally posted by jrabbit
I don't understand bringing on your own food. There is food aplenty afloat.

If you have little kids, you'll probably want to have some snacks on hand in case of delays in boarding. We were on the 9/27 Hurricane Jeanne cruise, and having snacks in our bags really saved us, since we had no access to food for about 6 hours longer than we expected.

I think most of us would be quite irate to discover all our careful packing and planning and picking out of a formal dress to be for naught when our clothes were all ruined by someone else's bottle of wine.

I know the retort for this is "I put mine in a plastic bag and wrap them in clothes - no danger of ever breaking" We had the pleasure of watching Disney load luggage from our veranda - and there was nothing atypical about Disney baggage handling

CRISI:
I USE MAIL SERVICE FOR A LIVING. I SEND GLASS PACKAGES OUT A FEW TIMES A WEEK. THERE IS "NO WAY" I WOULD JUST PACK A MINI BOTTLE OF WINE IN MY SUITCASE WITHOUT THE "PROPER BUBBLE WRAP" & TONS OF TAPE TO ENSURE ANY PROBLEMS. I AM THE MOST CONSIDERATE PERSON I KNOW, & WOULD "NEVER" DO ANY THING TO RUIN MINE OR ANYONE'S ELSE'S VALUABLES. THEY COULD HAVE THROW MY LUGGAGE FROM FL TO NYC & MY BOTTLE WOULD NOT HAVE BROKEN. I CAN GUARANTEE THIS.

POOPIE, YOU CAN ALWAYS YOU FEDEX & MAIL YOUR PROTEIN DOWN. I DID MAIL SOME THINGS & MY FEDEX PACKAGE WAS IN MY STATEROOM, BEFORE MY LUGGAGE.

MACY IN FLORIDA, I AGREE WITH YOU. I HAVE HEARD MANY STORIES ABOUT BEING HELD ON THE RUNWAY FOR HOURS, WITHOUT FOOD OR WATER. I ALWAYS, TAKE SOME KIND OF PROTEIN JUST IN CASE. THIS TIME WAS PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY SANDWICHES & FRESH FRUIT. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

Although Disney makes every effort to accomadate special food needs, there snaks are limited. My granddaughter is allergic to wheat, nuts, dairy and eggs. Bringing her snacks was was essential. For those who have special food allergies you may want to bear that in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter