Soda

Originally posted by JLSE50
I like the idea of soda mugs as they make a nice souvenir. We use ours daily for coffee and pretend we are cruising. Also, it appeals to me as it decreases the waste generated by the ship. But, I guess I have been over-ruled.

They still sell mugs on the ship that you can use. Plus, we bring our own mugs for environmentl reasons, anyway, and I can't imagine anyone would stop you from filling your own mug on deck 9.

Yes -- you can still buy the mugs. They are $3. They prefer you use something with a lid -- there's a sign that asks you to use them because they think less will be wasted. (and probably fewer messes.)

I had thought about bringing our Cruise mugs whenever we are lucky enough to cruise again, this cinches it for me. They will be packed and used again on board. Now, if I just knew when.....:rolleyes:

Jan :earsgirl:

OK... Just learned that there are no more soda stickers/packages, but that soda is FREE at some locations... WHERE are these wonderful spots??? My DH can down a two-liter bottle of diet with his breakfast, so this should save me some big bucks!!! (He'll be slightly bummed out that it's Coke instead of Pepsi, but who can be bummed out for long on the MAGIC? ;) )

Thanks!
:earsgirl:

The trick to making Pepsi taste like Coke is to squeeze a little bit of lemon juice in it. It really works!

Hey, as long as I'm on the Magic drinking it, I don't care what kind of soda it is!!!
Or coffee.
Or catsup (or ketchup)
Or Ice Tea
Or Doughnuts
Tongue firmly planted in cheek, it should be noted that some on these boards are actually outraged if the wrong brand in on board.

All the dining rooms and the Deck 9 drink station have the free soda....

Room service and any bar will charge you for soda.

MJ

tvguy~

I can't believe people would really be that upset about something as silly as soda. I prefer Pepsi, but you know what? I can make do with Coke just as easily and I am not going to complain or get mad about it. That is plain silly! :)

But mess with my ketchup... kidding!

forget about the coke vs pepsi wars...my husband ought to be unbearable to live with without dr. pepper...i plan on trying to sneak a few in with me on board to keep the peace! by the way...do you get in trouble if you sneak on drinks?
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

OH, yeah, DP is right up there on my list of gotta haves! :)

I have seen in a lot of posts that you can bring your own soda on the ship so it won't be a problem.

We plan on packing large, plastic refillable "sippy", sports cups that hold 32 oz. of soda. Is the fridge tall enough to hold the 10" tall cups? If so, we're thinking we'll carry those around for the week. (with a little rum in them, of course)

Jamie

Hmmm sounds like a good idea (without the rum of course for me since I will need to be 100% to deal with the kids!) :)

I NEED the rum to help deal with the kids. Tee-hee.

Anyway, Jen, or anyone else out there, do you know the approximate dimensions of the little fridges?

Thanks!
Jamie

I don't know, although I would be interested in knowing how big they are. A lot of people talk about putting pitchers or cups in them so they must be a normal size mini fridge, right? Anyone?

My sister carried on a 6 pack of sprite and her own water as well. Either it snuck through or it was alright but either way...she brought it. :)

They call them COOLERS not refrigerators as they are not as cold as a refrigerator. They are plenty cold to get beverages cold, but it takes overnight and it does not make ice. They are about the size of a dormatory regrigerator--what would that be--a foot in each dimension?

Jan :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter