• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soda Question

frequentlistner

Earning My Ears
I know that you can now get soda for free at the beverage station on deck 9 and you can also pay $1.50 at the bars, etc. (of course during the mealtime it is free as well). My question is is a drink sticker or mug still available to buy so that you can get it for free (meaning paying up front one price) at any location as opposed to having to go to the beverage station for free soda?

I'm sure a more recent cruiser will have more up-to-date info on this but my understanding is that the mug program was discontinued altogether.

Originally posted by BMURPHY02
no drink sticker but you can still buy the mug we were on the july 3 2004 cruise

However, you would still need to pay for soda at any of the bar/lounges, even wiht the mug.

was on the 6/26 magic and sodas on deck 9 and castaway cay were "flat" and tasted awful. soda in top siders and other dining rooms and bars was good. talked with head server and he said disney having trouble due to outdoor climate. No soda stickers any more so it's pay as you go.

We thought they were flat at first (7/3), but it was because we had put ice in the cup first, and the soda melted the ice, watering down the soda. It was much better putting the soda in the cup first, and then the ice.

never thought of that. going again in november and I'll try your suggestion then. thanks.

That's why I always ask for a glass of pop with no ice. If they tell me that the pop is warm then I ask them to bring me a separate glass of ice.

The mugs are available to buy, but not as part of the "soda program". They do make nice souvenirs! But they won't fill them for free at the bars (you can use them yourself at the drink station on deck #9.)

We were on the June 20th-24th Wonder and didn't have any problems with the soda being flat. They did run out of ice a few times, but the CM's were quick to refill it!! Occasionally there was a line for the sodas, but then again it was HOT!!!

I think it was a great decision for Disney to add the free sodas at the beverage station!!

Yes, the soda is free at the buffet on CC but you will have to pay if you want soda from the bars on CC. Hope that helps!!

We did the soda program on our May 2004 which we thought was great. We bought the mugs as well - more for the souvenier aspect.

I'm sorry to hear in a few posts prior to this one that the sticker program has been discontinued.

Occasionally there was a line for the sodas, but then again it was HOT!!!
Water or lemonade is better for you when it is hot to help combate dehydration. Caffeine and carbonation contribute to dehydration - so when it's hot stick to plane ol' water.

and now for the dumbest questipon of the day . . .
do they have cups at the free soda on deck 9? or is it just for those with mugs?

Originally posted by hAm53
and now for the dumbest questipon of the day . . .
do they have cups at the free soda on deck 9? or is it just for those with mugs?

They have cups with lids for the soda on deck 9. We didn't do a lot of soda, but the only time I thought it was flat was on our last day, but it could have just been watered down with the ice like someone else said. We stuck with water and lemonade (and of course the Drink of the Day):) most of the time. We did buy one of the mugs so we could fill up a little more at once and maybe keep it a little cooler too. The mugs were only $3 and made a nice souvenier.

The mugs are about 16 oz and we just bought ours this past Monday when we were on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter