soda or not soda?

cyctorres

DIS Veteran
is it true that the cruises I have to pay for soda? you buy as the cup of the resort?:surfweb:

Soda is free at the drink stations and meals.
You pay from the bar, theatre, and room service.

if you order it from any of the bars you pay. if you order it from room service (cans) you pay. in the mdr's you do not pay. also you do not pay at the soada dispensers in the buffet or quick service areas areas. there is no cup to buy.

But, if you want more than 8-12 oz at one time, you can buy or bring a bigger cup.

They have coke products on the ships. If you want something else, you can haul it on in your carry-on luggage.

We had our FE cups and were given another set though FE. When you go to drink station, fill your cup using DCL PAPER CUP. This is required for health reasons. They also have coffee, and other drinks other than soda. 6 diet cokes from room service was $10 plus. We purchased bottled water to take on 6 hour excursion at Grand Cayman. They had it at the area were we assembled. Very reasonable.

FYI - the water at the drink stations is filtered and processed via reverse osmosis. The water tastes and its even better than many bottled water.

is it true that the cruises I have to pay for soda? you buy as the cup of the resort?:surfweb:
We carried on Two bottles of Crown and 18 single serving wine bottlles. Big over kill. 6 day cruise and not that big of drinkers.
Then i found the drink of the day. $4.75. So why walk back to room to fix drink. I and wife were the grandparents on trip. We had great time signed up for Fantasy may 31, 2014.
You can carry on bottled water, and liquor. DCL has already got your money, its not Carnival.

It may be worth mentioning that Disney Cruise Line is one of the few (only?) cruise lines to provide free soda to their guests. Most other lines charge for it, either as a pre-paid "all you can drink" package or per drink.

It's one of the ways (carry-on alcohol being another prominent example) that makes DCL so awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter