• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soda Mug?

S

scottyboy1964

Hello

Just wondering do they change the design of the soda mug from year to year and what is the price of it these days? Do people bring back their mugs from past cruises?

Thanks

I'm not sure how often they change the mug design. We were on the Magic last week and the cost was $35.00/week (I guess that's unlimited soda?).

Personally, I can't even imagine drinking that much worth of soda in a YEAR, much less in a week. But, I guess there's some real soda drinkers out there! ;)

on the wonder last week they did have the same mugs as last year although they have gone back to the sicker on your ktwk the mug is now just a souviner

5/17 Magic had new "Finding Nemo" mugs.

Unlimited soda package was $35 and they placed a sticker on your KTTW card. Mug was $3 extra.

The soda program ends up being $5 per day. So:
3-night is $15, 4-night is $20, 7-night is $35.

This price gets you the sticker for your kttw card. The mug is $5 extra, but technically you still need to show the sticker on your kttw card to get it filled. Therefore, if you bring an old mug, you couldn't use it without showing a sticker on your card. In practice, we were seldom asked to see the sticker on our Wonder cruise last month.

With regard to mug design, I have heard they plan to change designs every couple months beginning later this year.

I am not a real big soda drinker, water or tea suits me just fine.

I will however be going with my fiance and son. Do you suggest
at least getting one?

What about at meals, does the soda ( if wanted ) cost extra or is that included with the meal?

In case you couldn't tell by the questions, I will be a first time
disney cruiser in 2004.

Thanks,
Kim
:bounce:

lovndisney:

I see this is your first post, so let me be the first to welcome you to the DIS boards!

You are going to LOVE your first cruise (and all subsequent ones as well).

To answer your questions, soda is included with meals. The soda/mug program is for soda at non-meal times, such as when you are lounging by the pools, partying at sail-aways, playing on the sports deck, etc etc etc.

If someone in your party will be drinking soda, it is a good idea to purchase at least one sticker. As long as you are together, you can all share the card (but you can only get one drink at a time--then again sounds like that won't be much of a problem for you).

Again welcome to the boards. It's a friendly group and all questions are welcomed.

ok, this soda thing really confuses me, I can go to taco bell and get free refills, and yet DCL will charge me for a soda when I'm not eating. However, this leads me to my question, What other options do I have if I want something to drink whenever... can we buy a can of soda somewhere, or I read tea and water is available, How about Lemonade, punch, orange or pinapple juice. perhaps I should bring some kool-aid. is there cups for water. Do other cruise line do this same trick?

June 26th 2003 -Wonder
:earsboy: :earsgirl:

Originally posted by CommandoImagineer
What other options do I have if I want something to drink whenever... can we buy a can of soda somewhere, or I read tea and water is available, How about Lemonade, punch, orange or pinapple juice. perhaps I should bring some kool-aid. is there cups for water. Do other cruise line do this same trick?

Lemonade is also at the drink station on Deck 9. All the ice and cups for free that you like. Each morning, I would go to Deck 9 after my morning run and fill 4 or 5 cups with lemonade and then just put them in the room fridge so they would be there whenever I wanted.

At the meals, there is fruit punch as well as apple and orange juice at Topsiders.

Unless you're a sodaholic, there is absolutely no need to shell out $35 for one week of soda. There are plenty of options for free non-alcoholic drinks.

I am still alittle confused about the drink options. Can you get juice and lemonade during the day at the drink station on deck 9. According to Mickey's Cruise Guide, you can only get water, milk and coffee. My DD drinks water and juice, do I need a soda mug to get her juice during the day or would I be better off to bring a a bunch of juice boxes for her?

Originally posted by labr
Can you get juice and lemonade during the day at the drink station on deck 9

Lemonade is available, not juice.

I was on the Wonder last week and they had unlimited lemonade, fruit punch, tea, coffee and water on Deck 9. You can drink these anytime. Soda is free at meal times, but has to be purchased at other times.

At Castaway Cay, soda is sold when you get your food from Cookie's BBQ, but if you have a soda sticker (meaning you bought the unlimited soda which cost $20 on the 4-day), you can get the soda refill at the bar without paying extra.

Originally posted by joyv
I was on the Wonder last week and they had unlimited lemonade, fruit punch, tea, coffee and water on Deck 9. You can drink these anytime. Soda is free at meal times, but has to be purchased at other times.

At Castaway Cay, soda is sold when you get your food from Cookie's BBQ, but if you have a soda sticker (meaning you bought the unlimited soda which cost $20 on the 4-day), you can get the soda refill at the bar without paying extra.

I was on the 5/10 Magic Western. Unless they have changed since, Magic''s deck 9 drink station had lemonade, tea, coffee, ice and water, but not fruit punch.

We bought 2 mugs last year for DD and DS. ($70.00!) There is NO WAY that my 2 kids even drank $10.00 worth of soda! However...my complaint with the mug is that you always have to carry it around with you. What a pain, to try and keep up with 2 mugs everytime you went out of the room. We did take a Sharpie marker, and put our room # on the lids, but it was still a pain to keep track of them. I think I'd like the sticker idea better, and let them give me a glass each time I wanted a drink. Also, once my kids discovered $3.00 smoothies........that was all she wrote!

tchrmom

When we cruised May 4 WONDER, the mug by itself wasn't even an option. You had to buy the sticker first for $20 and then the mug was an add-on for an extra $5 (for a four day cruise). So everyone who had mugs also had stickers.

With regard to getting your money's worth...

Disney would likely charge at least $2.50 for a bottle/cup of soda. 2 sodas a day would be the break-even point. So if you drink more than that it is definitely worth it.

Originally posted by ohioMickey
Disney would likely charge at least $2.50 for a bottle/cup of soda. 2 sodas a day would be the break-even point. So if you drink more than that it is definitely worth it.

sugar water is sugar water. free sugar water is better than sugar water you have to pay for - especially when you've already put down a couple thousand dollars first.

Originally posted by SlyHubby
sugar water is sugar water. free sugar water is better than sugar water you have to pay for - especially when you've already put down a couple thousand dollars first.

I suppose you could say the same thing about that darn "fermented water" too, huh?

Originally posted by SlyHubby
sugar water is sugar water. free sugar water is better than sugar water you have to pay for

If sugar water is sugar water, then a ship is a ship. Why pay extra for a Disney Cruise when Carnival is right next door?

Me?... I'd rather have a Disney cruise and a Coke by the pool.

Originally posted by ohioMickey
If sugar water is sugar water, then a ship is a ship. Why pay extra for a Disney Cruise when Carnival is right next door?

That's interesting logic. I'm not quite sure how you've come up with it, but I am sure Coca-Cola appreciates the free marketing representation you're providing.

help us to understand this if we buy one sticker can everyone in the family use the card or do we have to have the mug for refills we could just take turns going up ty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter