• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soda cups in WDW

CandyPG

Earning My Ears
Does any one know if fountain soda in the parks are served in a heavy plastic cups or are they served in paper type cups? I do not want to buy a suvioneer cup but I am looking for something very large (think 55+ oz) that can be refilled with other drinks for about a week. Thanks!

Thanks! We have reusable containers we use at home. We are cruising after WDW and will need large cups then but I am trying to pack as little as possible.

I just did a google image search and best I can see unless you buy a souvenir soda cup they are the wax papery thing :(

Like the PP said they are paper cups with a wax coting. Very flimsy and fall apart easily. We are staying site so I bring our mugs with us to pour our drinks into. I also just bought collapsable sports bottles for the kids. They have a clip on them too so they can hang from the stroller or bag.

I know you are asking about cups but I want to share with you one of budget tips....we use the camelback/ hydration backpacks. We fill the bladder up with ice and water at the hotel, add water flavoring if desired and we are good. The backpack we have also has room for other necessities like camera, sunglasses, snacks. This is good for kids too.

Does any one know if fountain soda in the parks are served in a heavy plastic cups or are they served in paper type cups? I do not want to buy a suvioneer cup but I am looking for something very large (think 55+ oz) that can be refilled with other drinks for about a week. Thanks!

Maybe a bit unconventional, but how about a popcorn bucket? ;)

If you buy a fountain soft drink in a park, it will be handed over in a Coca-Coca branded paper cup. If you then want to dump that cup into your refillable container, that will be fine, but if you want more, you are going to get yet another Coke-branded paper cup with each drink that you purchase.

The only restaurant in the parks that I can recall offhand that has a self-serve fountain that allows unlimited refills is Epcot's Electric Umbrella. There are CM's standing attending it, and you have to have that branded cup to use the fountain; they will warn you off it you attempt to fill a container other than the cup sold in the restaurant.

I have no idea about what rules might apply on a cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter