Socks for June that won't break the bank

vleeth

I heart Disney
Anyone have suggestions on what socks to get? I see athletic socks for sale at $10 a pair and I was hoping for something way less than that. If you tell me it's the best ever and it will change my life and be worth it, I might buy a $10 pair to try. But if you got a 6 pack for $15 that you think works great, please let me know! The main issue I have with my cute socks is they are too thin and my shoes start to rub the back of my ankle after a long day in the parks.

Try going to TJMaxx, Marshall’s or Ross. The have cheap athletic socks. I bought puma last time.

Get Body Glide and rub it all over your feet ankles etc. (anywhere you think you could get a blister) before putting your socks and shoes on in the morning and heading out to the park. Then any cheap walmart sock would be fine. I'm blister prone and I started using it years ago after finding out about it on these boards. I have not had a blister at WDW or DLR since. I also always get blisters anytime I get a new pair of shoes-- started using it for that too and no more blisters.

Get Body Glide and rub it all over your feet ankles etc. (anywhere you think you could get a blister) before putting your socks and shoes on in the morning and heading out to the park. Then any cheap walmart sock would be fine. I'm blister prone and I started using it years ago after finding out about it on these boards. I have not had a blister at WDW or DLR since. I also always get blisters anytime I get a new pair of shoes-- started using it for that too and no more blisters.
I’ve never tried this before. I’ll put it on the list. Thanks!

So unfortunately Bombas socks are very expensive, but they are amazing. Thick enough to protect, but not so thick as to feel bulky. They last for ages. And they've got a Disney collab!
Wow, you weren't kidding about them being expensive. I'll put it on my list as a last resort. :)

I've bought a couple packs of socks from Kohl's lately -- when they send out their $5 coupons. I was a little disappointed at some (really cute! one pack with kitty cat heads, a second pack with polka dots) because they were so thick that I had to loosen the laces in my shoes.

I bought some short black athletic socks for my husband and son-in-law at the Nike Outlet -- they were kinda insane about them, and they're not the kind of guys who care about socks.

I would recommend alpaca socks. They are rock stars at wicking moisture so there is less friction thus less blisters. But they are super pricey...more of a holiday wishlist item than everyday purchase.

I've bought a couple packs of socks from Kohl's lately -- when they send out their $5 coupons. I was a little disappointed at some (really cute! one pack with kitty cat heads, a second pack with polka dots) because they were so thick that I had to loosen the laces in my shoes.

I bought some short black athletic socks for my husband and son-in-law at the Nike Outlet -- they were kinda insane about them, and they're not the kind of guys who care about socks.
Do you remember what they cost? We have a Nike Outlet nearby.

I would recommend alpaca socks. They are rock stars at wicking moisture so there is less friction thus less blisters. But they are super pricey...more of a holiday wishlist item than everyday purchase.
They look rather hot to wear in June. Does the moisture wicking help them to not feel as hot?

Bombas merino wool or Smart Wool (LLBEAN). The comfort level and cushioning is superior to anything I've ever worn. I bought three pair of Bombas last fall for our WDW trip and have since bought another dozen. I won't ever go back to cotton!

I'm a Thorlos lover. I don't like Bombas and I've tried Feetures upon the advice of my sister and promptly gave them to her because I hated them so much.

My feet would blister as soon as I got off the plane at MCO. It seemed that they knew the misery I was going to inflict upon them and so they'd get back at me before I could do it to them. With Thorlos, that doesn't happen.

I look for them in TJMaxx and when they are on sale in Dick's tent sale and when I can't find them there, I buy from Amazon, but they aren't inexpensive.

Do you remember what they cost? We have a Nike Outlet nearby.
It's been months since I bought them, but I want to say it was a 5-pack of men's black shorty socks for $12 or $15. I'm pretty sure I had a discount since it was my first time buying anything from the Outlet; it brought them down to about $10 for the 5-pack, which is a pretty good price.

Just FYI: the Outlet is great. Their selection of shoes is rather limited -- common sizes like mine are hard to find -- but the prices are low. Clothing and backpacks are very well priced.

They also have a bin into which you can toss old tennis shoes (any brand -- not just Nike), and they'll be chopped up to create playground mulch instead of going into a landfill.
Short, athletic alpaca socks are good for the summer...not the knee high ones. Sorta like this https://alpacasofmontana.com/collec...king-out-running/products/alpaca-running-sock
Some people love smart wool socks for the same reasons, but I'm allergic to wool, so I've been hesitant to try them.
Me too! Wool sets me off -- can't touch the stuff.

I'm a Thorlos lover. I don't like Bombas
I love Thorlos for tennis and long walks. The good news / bad news of reading these posts is that it made me order some Bombas. I received some Bombas slipper socks for Christmas, which swayed me towards trying them. So the Thorlos vs. Bombas competition in my sock drawer will begin shortly! 😅

I like my bombas socks. I’ve had a pair for 4 years, and another pair for 3 years, and they both look as good as new.
I just ordered 6 more pairs at Christmas. I think there sizes got smaller though. It seems like the smalls are a little snug, whereas a few years ago they were just right. But anyway, they do last forever.

I like Balega. They can be pricey (IMO). They are comfortable and I've never had a blister with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter