Social Clubs and Annual passes

longboard55

DIS Veteran
Any other disney social clubers out there, my daughter is in one and she thinks the latest AP prices will end it. The real problem is alot of the members have kids. So now we are talking 4 or 5 passes. They sound pretty upset

Are you referring to the Deluxe AP that increased $50 overnight?

How much did the other AP options increase?

I called and arranged for an AP on October 1st. Activated it on Saturday the 3rd. Sure glad I decided not to wait until we arrived.
That's a big jump with no notice. Did anyone have intel on the increase? It was a surprise to me.

Geemo

I tend to think the increase is definitely an attempt to weed out folks. I think they realize they are hitting attendance maximums and the additional events they held have made this even more so. There is also some backlash against the normal Social Clubs that have taken up residence.

If you factor in a daily ticket is over $100/day, I think there is some reasoning by the Disney folks that people with APs take such advantage that it makes sense to ask more. Disney doesn't want local crowds to dissuade people who are on vacation and willing to pay the $100+/day premium.

I don't like the increase either, just offering some devil's advocate thinking.

P.S. I do chuckle at the top tier pass $200 more is basically for inclusion of the Christmas season.

Social Clubs and a $3 to $5 monthly increase shouldn't weed them out. The only thing I can see that would weed them out is if the closures next year will affect them enjoying the parks or not. Otherwise most people will renew their passes. The monthly payment increase is no more than the increase in water bills or cable TV bills these days. With so many clubs, those in school, even college, are enjoying the facebook posts, etc. If anything, there will be even more passholders as time goes onward. Also the new billboards around town advertising them, along with Disney's official pages on social media is encouraging even more visits. Renewing also gives many a $20 to $50 discount if they renew before the current pass expires.
The addition of free photopasses is allowing some passholders to "sell" a service to send photos to those out of town. There was no limit to the number of Photopass numbers you could add to your own account as of last week.
I personally feel Disney is looking to increase annual passholders. There is nothing I can see they are doing that is aimed at decreasing them.

I totally agree with you,MychaelP. If they wanted to decrease AP holders, they would get rid of the payment plan and the So Cal passes. They might loose a few with the recent AP increases, but I think most people will still renew. I wish they would come up with something to control the crowds. It's just way too crowded, no matter when you go now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter