• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SoCal city pass

Freyja

<font color=red>Formerly known as Sleepless in Den
If we intend on visiting DL, Universal and Sea World is there any "cheaper" way to do it than with the SoCal City Pass?

Thanks everyone!

I think the City Pass can used in any way you want to, Sea World, Universal or DL first. Right?

Thanks everyone!

I think the City Pass can used in any way you want to, Sea World, Universal or DL first. Right?

That's right...we used ours at Universal first, then Seaworld and saved the best for last!

You can pick up the City Pass at any location, or purchase ahead of time through Costco. It is cheaper through Costco though than from the location. You would pay $247 at any of the locations. You do not need to use Disneyland first, nor do you need to do Disneyland all the days in a row at once. You have two weeks to use it from the first day you use it.

Wow, that does seem like a good deal. Can you buy at any Cotsco? or does it have to be in CA?

I'm not sure if you can purchase them at the actual costco or not, but i know for sure costco.com has them for order!!
katie

I'm not sure if you can purchase them at the actual costco or not, but i know for sure costco.com has them for order!!
katie

Okay great. I'm going to check it out. Seems like the way to go. Any disadvatage to buying them now for July? I'd like to get some expenses out of the way.

BTW Katie, we visited Alaska for 3 weeks this past summer. Just stunning!!!

No disadvantages as far as I know. They will also let you upgrade your parkhoppers if you want. We were considering upgrading to 4 day hoppers, so I called DL to ask and they said they could for $25 per ticket (I think.) They told me if I was planning on doing that then to upgrade after I used my EE, because they would take it. Kind of confusing, I know, but whatever. I'm sure they could explain it much better than me!! :confused:
Have fun and I'm glad you enjoyed Alaska!! We love it! :love:
~Katie

When we went over Thanksgiving, we bought ours from Costco.com. They were also available at Costco stores here in WA state, on-line just worked out easier for us. You can use credit cards on their website (you can’t in the stores), so that allowed us to get mileage credits for the purchase. There was a deal for no shipping charge at the time so the cost was the same. It was one of the fastest on-line purchases I have ever made, I ordered them on a Saturday and they were at our house on Tuesday.

For the Disneyland portion of the CityPass, you have to go to one of the ticket booths first to get your park hopper. For Universal Studios & SeaWorld, they treated the coupon in the CityPass booklet as a ticket and I just had to go directly to one of the entrance turnstiles. I did not have to use the ticket booths at all for those 2 parks.

Thanks for all the info.
What is EE?
So, if you upgrade to the 4 days park hopper, that is just if you want to add one more day, there aren't any other advantages right? Like tou can still park hop with the 3 days?
Sorry, I know I might sound stupid, but just want to make sure I got it right! LOL
It's been a loooong time since I was at DL.

When we went over Thanksgiving, we bought ours from Costco.com. They were also available at Costco stores here in WA state, on-line just worked out easier for us. You can use credit cards on their website (you can’t in the stores), so that allowed us to get mileage credits for the purchase. There was a deal for no shipping charge at the time so the cost was the same. It was one of the fastest on-line purchases I have ever made, I ordered them on a Saturday and they were at our house on Tuesday.

For the Disneyland portion of the CityPass, you have to go to one of the ticket booths first to get your park hopper. For Universal Studios & SeaWorld, they treated the coupon in the CityPass booklet as a ticket and I just had to go directly to one of the entrance turnstiles. I did not have to use the ticket booths at all for those 2 parks.

Can you go the night before and trade in your coupon for a park hopper or can you do it only on the day your visiting?

Can you go the night before and trade in your coupon for a park hopper or can you do it only on the day your visiting?

I think you can go to guest services and take care of it there. That's what we plan on doing when we arrive, beacause we won't be going to DL until our 2nd day there.
Katie

Thanks for all the info.
What is EE?
So, if you upgrade to the 4 days park hopper, that is just if you want to add one more day, there aren't any other advantages right? Like tou can still park hop with the 3 days?
Sorry, I know I might sound stupid, but just want to make sure I got it right! LOL
It's been a loooong time since I was at DL.

EE=Early Entry
Yes, you can still park hopw/the other 3 days. Have fun!
Katie

I think you can go to guest services and take care of it there. That's what we plan on doing when we arrive, beacause we won't be going to DL until our 2nd day there.
Katie

Ok we will be in California 3/15 but arive in the afternoon so thats what will try to do as well....is there a guest services at the Disneyland hotel?

I will be driving down with my boys on the 6th and 7th of May, then we will be heading to USH on the 8th. DH will be flying in to LAX at 6:00pm that day. When we return from USH, can I go to customer service and turn the vouchers in for the hopper passes, and if so, even if DH is not present can I exchange his as well?

Also, we plan to upgrade our SoCal to AP during our visit. I don't know if we will be using any MM while we are there, but if we decide not to, could we do that upgrade all in one step, or do we have to exchange the SoCal for a hopper and then the hopper for the AP?

You can upgrade to the ap at Guest Services at one time. You do not have to go in steps.

As for trading in the tix at the DL Hotel. If you are a guest there you should be able to trade up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter