soarin

storm886

Earning My Ears
hi! could someone explain soarin at Epcot to me. i know the basics but, is there any drops,spinning,throwing u around?my son and I are wimpy riders would this be good for us? tia

hi! could someone explain soarin at Epcot to me. i know the basics but, is there any drops,spinning,throwing u around?my son and I are wimpy riders would this be good for us? tia

Welcome to the DIS. Soarin is awesome!!! Just imagine being in a hang glider. No drops or spinning. You will feel like you are flying.

It's a very smooth ride. To start, you are lifted off of the ground (not rough at all) and you stay up in the air and slowly move throughout the ride. No drops, spinning, or throwing around, or else I wouldn't ride it either!! Enjoy, it's one of my favorites.

No drops, spinning, throwing... etc... I'm a pretty wimpy rider, and Soarin' is my FAVORITE ride at WDW! I love it!

There is no drops of any kind, but it is high. Actually there are 3 levels, when we did lower level, I was fine, but the middle level almost cost me a panic attack, and I did not even know I was afraid of heights that much. I skipping the whole experience since then.:sad1:

There is no drops of any kind, but it is high. Actually there are 3 levels, when we did lower level, I was fine, but the middle level almost cost me a panic attack, and I did not even know I was afraid of heights that much. I skipping the whole experience since then.:sad1:

We have traveled with people who are not comfortable with heights...when you get to the area where they assign rows (just before loading) you can ask the CM for the row that will be the lowest. They will be glad to accomodate you, although you may have to wait for the next round. Same if you want the highest row!

Very smooth ride. It's like watching a film on an oversized IMAX screen.

Honestly, you don't even know you're that high unless you lean forward and look down and why do that? If you don't like heights you can sit back and just enjoy the film and music.

We always ask for the front row as we like an unobstructed view of the screen.

I am the biggest wimp ever.. I cannot ride Goofy's Barnstormer without much coaxing.. I do that because my then five year old son couldn't ride alone..

That said, I was about to stroke out over soarin, but the worst part is when they lift up the seats and if you are in the first row you go high.. but if you treat it like a swing it is really fine! I hold on to the side thingys cause again, I am a wimp!

I also shut my eyes during the city part because the lights were just overwhelming to my eyes is all. No puking or dizziness other than that! I am the authority on that!

It is great! Have fun!

Yeah, the only possible scary part is the height. I am scared of heights but, it doesn't bother me. You are buckled in good, the seat is deep enough and it is dark so you really don't look down. It is SO fun!!!!

I'm thinking that this needs a little more explanation. Soarin actually doesn't go anyplace. It lifts you out over the Imax screen and except for a few subtle shifts in level it doesn't move at all. You just watch the movie and your mind fills in the blanks and makes you think you are moving.

I don't think I can say this enough...IT DOES NOT MOVE...except for the initial lift off and the highest you are, I think I read is 30 feet but you cannot tell how high you actually are because all dimensions are being dictated by the movie itself.

I will admit that there are a couple of spots the literally take you breath away, but again, you actually have hardly moved an inch. It is a great optical illusion. If you cannot take that...then perhaps riding would not be the best idea to be part of it. Ride really isn't the operative word here...show is a closer description.

It is the best ride in the world! I could sit on it all day...feel the breeze, smell the pine, and the oranges. AHHHHHHHHH....

This is onr of our favorite rides and we went n it about 12 times last year! This year it'll probably be as much!:thumbsup2:cool1:

We were told it's a 40 foot drop....but that was when my daughter was told she was too short to ride... even though she had just gone on it! Pfft!

That said...we all loved the ride! Not scary at all.

I too am a wimp! This is my favorite attraction. I am scared of heights and we were in the front row which ends up highest. However, I was so immersed in the whole thing that I didn't even have time to be afraid. :thumbsup2 It is amazing, the pine and orange scents just carry you away. :cloud9: Try it at least once! You won't be sorry.

Great ride! I get motion sickness easily so am relucant to ride many rides, but I had no problems with this ride. It is great!

Don't be afraid go for it! I am a big chicken when it comes to heights, can't even do glass elevators! But Soarin is not to be missed. I rode it, got the very front and just kept telling myself that it is just a movie, just a movie. Well when you are lifted up at first you panic, but all of 2 seconds and then the smoothness of "gliding" kicks in with the film and it is so peaceful!
Honest I have had many panic attacks and actually blacked out on a few coasters when I was young trying to get over my fear. BUt this is so worth it and not scary!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter