Soarin, Why Do Adults Love It So Much?!?!?!

I love Soarin' becuase it really feels like your up there gliding. The one thing I hate about it is the wait. It is only a 5 min ride but some wait times are ridiculous.

This is the only semi-thrilling ride I could talk my parents into riding, and the absolutely loved it. They don't ride any coaster nor simulators as they make them sick and hurt their "old bodies" as they say. They are both in their last 50s and absolutely loved this ride, which is great for my Dad who can't ride much due to his vertigo. They liked it so much they ride it two more times, which is quite a record for them. Plus, me and DH love it as well.

I'm 49 and will ride most thrill rides. I especially love ToT. Soarin is different though. It's the closest I will ever come to understanding how a bird feels and seeing things as they do. Well, that sounds stupid.

Let me try again... it's hard to explain, but riding Soarin makes me feel free somehow. At 49 and with a lifetime's worth of responsibilities and baggage, that feeling is hard to come by. I've never ridden anything else like it.

We are the same age and I feel exactly the same way!

I enjoy it, but I was TERRIFIED on it.
Mind you, I love RNRC, EE, SM, TOT, anything like that you can throw at me...but put me on soarin and I'm shaking and freaking out.
I still like it, and I'll do it again, but it scares me the most of anything...except maybe Mission Space Orange :sick:

I'm considered an adult at age 53 and I think Soarin' is o.k. It's nice but now my first thought is "been there, done that." If I ride it on our trip in two weeks, fine. If not, no big deal. I'll catch it next time.

Now I LOVE Expedition Everest, RNRC, and all the rest of the coasters/scary rides with the one exception being Space Mountain. I just don't like that ride and avoid it whenever I can.

I love Soarin'. For lack of a word, it's just magical to me. The feeling of flying, the relaxation of the scenes and flying over Disneyland at the end. It just gives me warm fuzzies. That said, I'd never do the standy-line if it's more than 20 minutes. It's so boring in there! Fast Passes are the way to go.

I'm the opposite of most adults, I guess, cuz I hate Soarin' and love everything else.

Because Soarin is thrilling without being jarring

I think its that its not thrilling. Its a dark ride for adults. I find it extremely dull, and im an adult. I didnt like it as back to the future at universal either 20 years ago.

It is a relaxing, easy ride. It ends before I am ready.
It is the opposite of Mission Space, which I also like very much.
I only wish the lines were not so long!

Um this thread was started in late 2006..... how does it keep coming ALIVEEEEEEE...

:lmao:

I like Soarin' not love but it's top 10 for me. I'm an "adult" by all standards except car rental companies, I have to wait until I am 25 for that.

I have to agree with some others and state that "I don't like" the Soarin' ride at all. I have been on it only once and didn't like seeing other guests feet dangling in front of the screen view. The one time I went on this ride I didn't see anything special about it, and have seen similar movie type rides in the past. If I want to see movies I can head over to Epcot's World Showcase (Norway, China, Canada, etc) and see plenty of movies. I prefer the more intense movie motion rides like Star Tours, Mission Space, etc...

Two other family members love Soarin' so I am in the minority here at home, and will probably ride it for my second time this coming December since one of the family members are going. Although, I could grab lunch, a pretzel, or go on "The Land" :thumbsup2

I love Soarin'! I've been on it many times. It's so relaxing and beautiful. I always wish it was longer. If you go on it hoping for a thrill ride, then you're bound to be disappointed. It's subtle and gentle.

It's one of my top 3 favorite attractions at WDW. Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are the other two.

This is my theory: ALL adults love Soarin. My DM, who will not go on ANYTHING thrilling what so ever, ranging from EE to Goofy's Barnstormer! But we dragged her on Soarin, and, of course, she loved it! Even though she hates hights and fast motions, she was perfectly fine! I also told her (afterwards of course), that she was about 30 feet in the air! Who else here LOVES Soarin, but can't go on anything else?

It doesn't need to be thrilling for an adult to love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter