Soarin While Pregnant?

angbatiato

Earning My Ears
I know that there are a lot of things to do while pregnant and to stay away from the thrill rides....Is Soarin' safe? TIA :)

Yes I had absolutely no problem with Soarin' when we went in Dec. I was 20 weeks preg. Really If you think about it there isn't much different about Soarin' than a carnival ride like umbrellas or something. You just sit in the seat and it is raised to be above the screen. You don't actually move other than the initial raising of the seats and then a little bit of rocking throughout the ride, but no big bumps,no fast drops, etc. The feeling of movement is mostly caused by the "movie" that they show on the screen. Really an awesome ride and this explanation does it absolutely no credit if you have never ridden it. You shouldn't miss it!

I even went on the Safari at AK, but after the accident the other day I might actually say it might not be the best ride for pregnant vacationers. Other rides that I skipped this year were Mission Space, Test Track, All of the Mountain Rides (SM, Space Mtn, BTMR), ToT, Rocking Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest. Just use your common sense. It's fairly easy to figure out which rides might be dangerous.

Soarin' is not one that WDW has a warning on for pregnancy, so they don't consider it a problem. As the others mentioned, it's pretty gentle.

You can look at the park maps for the attractions with warnings - they are marked with a red triangle on the map and also on a sign at the entrance to the queue.
For Epcot here are the attractions with warnings:
  • Mission Space
  • Test Track
For Magic Kingdom:
  • Splash Mountain
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
  • Space Mountain
For Disney Studio
  • Star Tours
  • Rock N Roller Coaster
  • Tower of Terror
For Animal Kingdom:
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Expedition Everest
  • Primeval Whirl
  • Dinosaur

I went on it when I was about 11 weeks pg. with my perfect, adorable, 22 month old ds. (and I am the poster child of err on the side of caution!)

ETA - And I did not go on ANY of the rides mentioned in the post above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter