• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin tour for members at Epcot

zavandor

DIS Veteran
Finally a member event I could attend! I've just booked for my trip in January.
Anyone else going?

I think DVC should offer more extras like this one and the lounge, something that could be enjoyed by every member regardless of the time of the year. Living abroad I couldn't attend any of the other special events because I cannot plan with the short notice they're announced.

I called DVC Member services twice this morning and I was told both times that they won't start booking this tour until November 18th. Grrr...

Yes, I see they've updated the web page to say that it won't start booking until 11/18. From last night, when it was first posted, until 10am this morning, when I called, the web page didn't mention that.

We called Member Services first thing this morning at 8:00 CST and were able to book the Soarin' tour for March 29. The CM hadn't heard about the tour and had to put us on hold while he checked whether it was available. He returned after a couple of minutes and gave us two seats on the date we wanted in March. We didn't notice that reservations were not suppose to start until November 18.

By the way, the tours will start on November 30, 2016 and will be held every Wednesday at 8:00 AM. Since this is a "Membership Magic" perk, members whose only points are subject to the April 4, 2016 restrictions are not eligible.

We were just told by MS and their supervisor that they are still loading dates and black out periods and that reservations can be made starting on Nov 18. They cautioned us that our reservation that has already been made may be erased by the system so check back after the 18th.

:earsboy: Bill

Mmm, thanks I'll check again. I've also written down the confirmation number she has given me so it will be easier to check.

We just got back from Disneyland and were able to participate in the Soarin' behind the scenes tour there. It was fantastic! I'm sure it will be a little different at EP, but I definitely recommend it.

Thanks for mentioning this! We'll be there in February, I'll try to book this when the reservations open up.

We just got back from Disneyland and were able to participate in the Soarin' behind the scenes tour there. It was fantastic! I'm sure it will be a little different at EP, but I definitely recommend it.

Did you get to ride it?

How many were in your tour?

Thanks!

We did the Soarin' tour at DL in August and it was super cool to see the mechanical side of the ride. I don't think I ever realize how high the first row goes up until I saw it from behind the screen. I think in our tour, there was about 12 people.

We did the Soarin' tour at DL in August and it was super cool to see the mechanical side of the ride. I don't think I ever realize how high the first row goes up until I saw it from behind the screen. I think in our tour, there was about 12 people.
Thank you, I think my DH would really like to do the tour, so I will pick a time he's with me.

We were just told by MS and their supervisor that they are still loading dates and black out periods and that reservations can be made starting on Nov 18. They cautioned us that our reservation that has already been made may be erased by the system so check back after the 18th.

Wait, so you can book it now!? I tried earlier and she told me no. Should I have asked to speak to her supervisor like you did?

Wait, so you can book it now!? I tried earlier and she told me no. Should I have asked to speak to her supervisor like you did?

The system and MS is screwed up. They took reservations for some people, now they say that they should have waited until 11/18. The system that they use is still being loaded with the dates and limits and I was told that our reservation might be deleted as they finish their software load.

Darn it! Wednesday is the one day we won't be able to go-on our next trip Wednesday is our arrival/departure day when we're in WDW for the marathon. Hope this tour lasts through next October, because we'd love to do it.

I was all excited about this and then I just read the full info for it. Guests need to be 16yrs or older to go on the tour. I have a 12 and a 16 yr old...and of course the 12 yr old loved the old Soarin'. But...we are traveling with family--sharing a 2 bdrm, so maybe the 12 yr old will stay with them...or maybe both will stay as we'll have to leave the room by 7:30AM (staying at BWV this trip!) Being up at 7AM is too early for a teen on a non-school day. Oh well.

Will we get to ride it on the tour?

Yes.
This is from the members website:

Get an inside look at Soarin' Around the World—and enjoy an exciting ride experience.

During this hour-long tour, Members and their guests can:
  • Learn about the attraction's concept origin, research and development, and the imagineering process behind this beloved attraction
  • Discover fun facts and operational details
  • Enjoy the full ride experience

So it saves a member to use a FP+ for Soarin.
Hopefully we'll be able to ride without

will try to book it for May. Will try for 2 for us week one and 2 for daughter and soninlaw week 2. Since kids can't go, we have to go separate times so someone can stay with the kids 11 and 9. ugh, don't look forward to calling on Friday....hate calling MS

The DVC website says no tours Dec. 23 or 30th both of which are Fridays not Wed. Is this just a print error? We were hoping for 12/21 but guessing no tour due to Christmas weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter