• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin Over California Top Row Request

JasonShannon76

Mouseketeer
My husband is 6' 4" and every time we get put in row 2 or 3, he complains that the feet hanging in front of him obstruct his view. We were told we could request row B-1 (front center), but not sure how accommodating CM's are to that. Has anyone done this before?

We have and have only been refused once. I think it's common because they move you along pretty quickly into the next section.

I always request the bottom row~ because I get scared:scared1:, they always let me. Then my kids state..."can we have top row"...and they always let them :)

They will usually do what they can to accommodate, but if someone before you requests it, you will be turned down.

My husband is 6' 4" and every time we get put in row 2 or 3, he complains that the feet hanging in front of him obstruct his view. We were told we could request row B-1 (front center), but not sure how accommodating CM's are to that. Has anyone done this before?

I was in line behind a dad with two little boys, and the dad said to the CM "my son gets motion sickness, can we get front center?" And I said "me too?" And they put us in the best seats.

Always request top/first row. I just nicely ask the CM and advise that we are willing to wait. Never had my request refused.

I always ask to be put in the top row, and 90% of the time they will let me sit there. You might have to go to the next section down, and it that one is full then you can wait until they load the next group of riders.

We usually ask for the top row as well, and have not been refused yet. It never hurts to ask.

We did not have any trouble. We asked nicely and said we would wait if need be. It was never a problem. Have fun!

I've never seen any reasonable request like that denied be it myself or someone else making the request. Sometimes when making a request it means you have to wait for the next load on the ride but the CMs are very accommodating to these kinds of requests from my experience.

Have asked many times at both DL and WDW and have never been turned down. It's one of the things I love about Disney - that you can ask for something like this, while making it clear you are willing to wait if need be - and they are always pleasantly accomodating.

We always ask for middle middle, we prefer the middle section and the middle seats because then you don't see the sides of the screen. :)

I've asked nicely and generally they will allow you to wait for the next "flight".

We are flexible to where we sit BUT when we bring friends and family to DL/DCA visiting CALI (we live here) I will always ask a CM for front row! We have always had our requests granted.

OP, just ask. CM may have you stand over to the side for a bit until that row is available if it is a busy loading day. BUT certainly ask.

Heck I will ask at Pirates......because I want my visitors who are only here once every few years to sit up front. Also Matterhorn, Splash and Space Mtn. I even try for the Monorail. Oh BTMRR. Any ride that loads to the front. :thumbsup2

The only time that I have been refused a top row request is when Soarin was our last ride of the night and the line had already closed and they were just trying to cycle everyone through. Otherwise, I've asked dozens of times and the CMs are very accommodating.

We always ask for middle middle, we prefer the middle section and the middle seats because then you don't see the sides of the screen. :)

EXACTLY :thumbsup2

Middle/Middle is by far the best experience as far as the illusion. None of the screen edges are in your peripheral vision.

My four year old always asks for the top row, she has never been denied, we just have to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter