Soarin-never the same ride twice

wdw&sonny

DIS Veteran
We absolutely love Soarin, but I was surprised when I rode in 2009 that it was the same as 2005 (I don't get to Disney often enough).

How about randomizing the Soarin ride as they did ToT?

Different scenes, different order...different ride every time.

Any rumors, thoughts or comments?

Thanks.

We absolutely love Soarin, but I was surprised when I rode in 2009 that it was the same as 2005 (I don't get to Disney often enough).

How about randomizing the Soarin ride as they did ToT?

Different scenes, different order...different ride every time.

Any rumors, thoughts or comments?

Thanks.

I think that is a great idea but likely tough/expensive to implement. With record lines, I can't see them changing anything just yet.

I love the idea though! Great one!

I love it just the way it is. If you sit in different seats you get a different experience.

How could they randomize it? IMAX films (and it is film) would have to have several versions, and they are expensive, then the associated flying special effects (tilts and sways), and scents would have to be programmed for each version. Just swapping out an IMAX film takes a lot of time. They wouldn't be able to service as many guests.

hi, it's a little off topic, but does anyone know how tall you have to be to ride? tia

How could they randomize it? IMAX films (and it is film) would have to have several versions, and they are expensive, then the associated flying special effects (tilts and sways), and scents would have to be programmed for each version. Just swapping out an IMAX film takes a lot of time. They wouldn't be able to service as many guests.

Imax offers digital projection now, so they could potentially over a branching movie experience that is quite random, although at this time, resolution is not quite up to snuff.... The scents, tilts, movements, and sways could all be randomized. I am not saying it is going to happen but I think it is a neat idea. Nothing wrong with dreaming on a disney board.

I agree it is a neat idea, but I don't think there is a practical way to do it, at least with the current technology.

It's gotten stale for me too. I could go another few years before I ride it again. DH on the other hand loves it and doesn't mind standing in a 45 min long line to ride it.

There's been talk that there's a new movie being produced for the ride as the current movie is the original version created for Disney's California Adventure.However I don't see multiple films at the same time.

Let's see. Imax films can be at least 45 minutes long if not longer. Maybe the different versions would not be randomly shown but given that the ride lasts five minutes, at least nine different versions could be put on one reel.

Let's see. Imax films can be at least 45 minutes long if not longer. Maybe the different versions would not be randomly shown but given that the ride lasts five minutes, at least nine different versions could be put on one reel.

IMAX can go to 2 hours - that's how much film will fit on those massive reels they use -- at least, that's what they told me when I asked why they cut 20 minutes out of the IMAX version of Star Wars - Episode 1. :confused:

Personally, the only way I'd ride Snorin' again is if they started zooming the ride vehicle like they do at ToT... whippin' you up, down, left and right at random intervals, spraying you with orange, sea, and landfill scents, and then launching you off to Mars. :thumbsup2

Love this idea, as we also love this ride but only ride it twice in one trip since it is the same film.

Would be very too expensive to have multiple films with corresponding sensory responses, but maybe they could produce a new one every few years?

Are most of the rides--the same ole same?

very few change-- TOT is one--is there another?

The music sequences on RnRC change from car to car, or so I've been told. I've never had the concentration to actually listen to the music on the ride -- I'm always too busy trying to get my eyeballs to straighten back out after the launch! :woohoo:

Oh, and TGMR will have a little variation from ride to ride as the CMs change out...

And of course the Jungle Cruise is never the same ride twice...the skippers are all different, and they use their own favorite "jokes."

Teacups? Indy Speedway? Horizons :-)sad1:)?

Yeah, there's not much that offers a variable ride experience.

:santa:

I was really disappointed after doing Soarin in California, to find that it was identical at Epcot. At the very least, I had hoped to fly over the MK or Epcot instead of Disneyland at the end.

How about a film flying over world landmarks, more in keeping with the Epcot theme???????????

If they randomized the scenes, they would have to find some way to keep it synced to the music. If you watch now, it is perfectly synced with the scene changes.

How about a film flying over world landmarks, more in keeping with the Epcot theme???????????

Now THAT is a capital idea! And you could end by flying over SE and into the finale of Illuminations!

:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter