Soarin' FPs...

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
According to the UG map, it looks like you can get your FP for Soarin' right inside the Land's front door...is that true? Can I just run in and get them and be on my way, or do I have to go the the attraction? (We haven't been there since Soarin' opened)

From what I saw on our last trip the only place for FPs is at the ride, I never saw them anywhere else inside the land.

When I got them, on my last trip, they were WAAAAAY inside the Land. There was a huge line just to get inside, whether you needed fastpasses or wanted to get lunch! The machines are right next to the entrance to the ride. I've never seen them anywhere else :)

They are by the ride. So that means that you enter The Land, do down a crowded escalator or Staircase and go into the ride area. Sorry :(

Yes, there will be a huge stream of people going over to the land, going into the land and down to the FP machines. They had CM's directing traffic one way to get down there. We were there when the park opened in Nov. and got the f-passes by about 9:20am. Then went to Test Track and did single rider line.

:wizard: :banana: I rode soarin 3 times in one hour. Love it. :banana:

I thought that was one of the worst design for pastpasses, we got there at 9:15, and the line for the ride as well as fastpasses and food was out the door, so we never got our fastpasses as we did not want to wait 30 minutes just to get them.

Is Soarin' really worth it? We haven't been to WDW since it opened. We KNOW we love test track and mission space and would hate to miss out on those or stand in a two hour stand-by line just because our soarin' fast pass was for really late in the day. I assume we can't get another fastpass until the first one is about to be used. Or has that changed?

You can get a fp for soarin and then another for test track or mission space after about 2 hours or after your ride time for soarin begins. HTH!

kytiam said:
Is Soarin' really worth it? We haven't been to WDW since it opened. We KNOW we love test track and mission space and would hate to miss out on those or stand in a two hour stand-by line just because our soarin' fast pass was for really late in the day. I assume we can't get another fastpass until the first one is about to be used. Or has that changed?

I think Soarin' is a great ride, but I wouldn't wait in any line for any ride for 2 hours.

You get Soarin' fastpasses at the ride entrance inside the Land pavilion. I suggest that you get to EPCOT when it first opens and go directly to this ride first (just go along with the crowd!). Then as soon as you get off, get a fastpass for later or ride again right away if there is no line, because you're sure to want to ride it twice.

I was at EPCOT last week when it first opened for the day and was able to ride several times with no waiting at all. I think Soarin' is the best ride at Disney. Try and ride in the first row - it's the best.

momto2 said:
I think Soarin' is a great ride, but I wouldn't wait in any line for any ride for 2 hours.

Ohhhhhh that was terrible. I went there well after it opened and there were HUGE lines. The wait time sayd 60 minutes, more like 140. :rolleyes:

If you can get the fast passes, then yes. If it means you wait in line...then absolutely not!

Test Track's better IMHO.

TheBellhop said:
Ohhhhhh that was terrible. I went there well after it opened and there were HUGE lines. The wait time sayd 60 minutes, more like 140. :rolleyes:

Try 170 minutes during Christmas week. My family rode Soarin twice in 5 minutes. But back to the original question, fastpasses are only available next to the entrance of the ride, nowhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter