Soarin..Do you love it?

I like it but I'm a little tired of it. I could easily skip it but others in my family really enjoy it.

It's one of those rides that is amazing the first time and decreases its thrill each ride after that. The lines it gets at Epcot are crazy to me...I personally don't like waiting more than 5-10 minutes, and even then I don't go on it that often, a few times a year in DCA. Mi would love to see an Soarin Around the World update, especially for Epoct

I like it, not love it. It is sad that they haven't even been able to keep a clean copy of the film. Nor that they haven't been able to update or, even better, add a different option or two to the ride. So much potential and nada. It's one of DH's favorites although I think it's losing some appeal with him too. We will ride it everytime though with a short wait ie, FP. Long waits - only with new people along.

I loved TT (pre-retheming). And still like it more than Soarin' even after what they did to it.

I love the sensation of flying you get from soarin'. The thing I "don't get" is test track. Granted, I never saw the original, but I have ridden the refurb and I just don't get what's so great about it. I feel like I'm missing something...

I know that everybody has different tastes and different favorites when it comes to rides, but is there anybody else out there who just doesn't quite get the huge appeal of Soarin? Don't get me wrong, I think the ride is nice and pleasant and all, and if I can get a fast pass and get on in 5 or 10 minutes I think it's great, but I just don't understand it's huge following. It kind of seems like your lifted off the ground and watch a short IMAX movie with some mild wind and aroma effects. Again, I'm not attacking the ride or anything, just trying to figure out what it is about the experience that makes people wait in line for an hour or two.:confused3

I agree. It's an average ride at best. And while it might be appropriate for showing in California Adventure how come in Epcot we don't have something with a global view.

I never could understand why it was so popular.

I used to love it, but I find myself lately getting very distracted with the quality of the video. I feel it needs some serious refurbishment and for that matter a new video that centers around Florida

I know that everybody has different tastes and different favorites when it comes to rides, but is there anybody else out there who just doesn't quite get the huge appeal of Soarin? Don't get me wrong, I think the ride is nice and pleasant and all, and if I can get a fast pass and get on in 5 or 10 minutes I think it's great, but I just don't understand it's huge following. It kind of seems like your lifted off the ground and watch a short IMAX movie with some mild wind and aroma effects. Again, I'm not attacking the ride or anything, just trying to figure out what it is about the experience that makes people wait in line for an hour or two.:confused3

You could probably insert the name of any other attraction in place of "Soarin" above and it would be true for many folks.

I'm not crazy about It's a Small World but I don't really see a reason to tell everyone about it, (lol, until now.)

I like it but my family is pretty meh about it. Sadly they feel that way about all of Epcot now.

I'm ok if I miss it....the last two times I went were because people handed me their FP because they were leaving the park early, but I'm not standing in line or getting my own FP for it.

Maybe if they did Soarin America edition and expanded beyond Cali.

It's a must-do for us! I love the score and the scenery (even though it's not Florida). My 4 year-old makes it new for me because he doesn't notice the quality of the video or anything else except how cool he thinks it is to be flying in the sky.

I do not love it. If there's no wait or we have FP, I would ride it. If I never rode it again in my life, I would not be upset. Ditto Test Track.

All rides are best the first time your ride them.

I do really like soarin and my kids loved it so it is a must ride for us. It just makes me feel good. Just like splash mountain.

Although I really loved the Harry potter ride. That was awesome.

I like it and it is one of my wife's favorite rides, she grew up in California, so I don't have any problem using one of our FP+ on it. We rode it quite a few times when California Adventure first opened and we only lived a few minutes away.

I love it and have waited in extremely long lines for it. We could never get a FP for it. The best experience I ever had was at EMH, no one was in line and we got off and on multiple times.

I love the sensation of flying you get from soarin'. The thing I "don't get" is test track. Granted, I never saw the original, but I have ridden the refurb and I just don't get what's so great about it. I feel like I'm missing something...

I like Test Track for the ride itself, but not necessarily for the current theme. I liked it so much better when it actually looked like a car testing facility.

My mom and I love it! I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for it though (or any other ride). I think they should change the film scenery a bit to keep it interesting.

I'm one of the few people who actually hates Soarin'. My family LOVES it, my parents go on it multiple times a day (well, they did before FP+). I've been a few times when it was new and it made me nauseous. :confused3

After that I have no desire to go back, it's kind of old news after a few times for me. Luckily, my DS is scared of it so we go to Test Track instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter