• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin and Toy Story Mania

TeresaZ

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been asked DOZENS of times, but are there still ridiculously long waits for Soarin and Toy Story Mania? Do Fast Passes usually run out super early?

Yes, and yes.

You'll have better luck with later FP's at Soarin' than TSM. But they are both still hugely popular attractions.

I'm sure this has been asked DOZENS of times, but are their still ridiculously long waits for Soarin and Toy Story Mania? Do Fast Passes usually run out super early?
Yes and Yes. FPs do go quickly!!

Soarin was a bit better last month but that's because Septmember is just dead. :laughing:

When we arrived at DHS at around 6pm in lat August, somebody offered us TSM fastpasses. They had pulled them at 11:00 am with a return time of 8:30!

According to the Disney app, right now, on an evening EMH day at EPCOT, the wait for Soarin' is listed as 80 minutes and the FP return time is 5:50-6:50 p.m. For TSM, the wait is 90 minutes and FPs are all gone for the day.

Thanks y'all! Do the lines thin at all during the parades (HS) and illuminations?

Wow. I would never wait 90 minutes for such a short ride. And we are not early park people either. We might just have to skip them. :(

Wow. I would never wait 90 minutes for such a short ride. And we are not early park people either. We might just have to skip them. :(

As long as you don't arrive too late (e.g. after lunch), there should still be FPs left (no guarantees). So you won't have to wait in line 90 minutes, but you'll probably have to wait until near the end of the day for your FP return time.

I vote you become "early park people." You'll love it! :)

Thanks y'all! Do the lines thin at all during the parades (HS) and illuminations?

Supposedly Soarin''s wait does drop during Illuminations, but I've not personally seen it. I've never been convinced that waits for the super-headliners are affected one iota by parades.

Bumping this thread.

Really??? Soarin has long lines and a lack of FP??? We vacationed at Disneyland in August (busy season) and walked on and/or got FPs every time we wanted to. So we have to plan a different strategy if we want to ride in January? Yikes. Is the ride really different than it is in California?

I've never understood why those two attractions have such long lines. Neither one is earth-shatteringly good (to our family, anyhow). Soarin' is a neat experience, but a very short experience. And for sure, not worth the long wait.

And TSM was just "Meh" to us.

I truly don't get it....on either one. :confused3

nancy drew said:
Bumping this thread.

Really??? Soarin has long lines and a lack of FP??? We vacationed at Disneyland in August (busy season) and walked on and/or got FPs every time we wanted to. So we have to plan a different strategy if we want to ride in January? Yikes. Is the ride really different than it is in California?

It's the exact same ride and same movie.

metzgardesign said:
I've never understood why those two attractions have such long lines. Neither one is earth-shatteringly good (to our family, anyhow). Soarin' is a neat experience, but a very short experience. And for sure, not worth the long wait.

It is because these two rides appeal to all ages and have little to no height requirement.

Yes and Yes
TSM is still extremely popular only because it is pretty much the only family friendly ride in DHS..Until they build another family ride in DHS , those lines will persist.Same with Soarin.It has a height requirement, but it is a tame ride the whole family can enjoy.

I have been at HS soo much and I have still yet to ride TSM. I'm leaving again without riding it. Since I've never been on it.. Is it really worth all the hype? Please say yes.

TSM is extremely well done, IMO, compared to other versions of video game-type rides (like Buzz at MK and MIB at Universal, both of which are fun rides but simply aren't as technologically advanced).

You are definitely in the minority, hence the long wait lines and the FP's that disappear quickly. ::yes::

We absolutely *love* both rides, but never wait in standby lines, except first thing in the morning after we get our FP's.

We were just there last week and I was really stressing about getting to experience TSMM with my kids! I had heard it was fun and we wanted to try it, but I knew how quickly the fast passes went! My youngest DS and I arrived at opening and managed to get fast passes and hopped on with a 30 minute wait. When we were done, we caught the street performers doing a trivia contest giving away a dream fast pass...my son won it!!!! He originally told them he wanted to go on RRC, but then chickened out lol! I went to guest services and asked if there was anyway we could change it TSMM and the cm hands me 4 fast passes and told me to keep the RRC one! We would up gifting it to another family and enjoyed TSMM for a third time! It was a great day!

Checking my wait times app today, it seems that TSM's last FP was handed out between 12:15 and 12:20 and Soarin's last FP was handed out around 12:55pm.

Wait time for Soarin' is 150 minutes and TSM! is 120 minutes.

Checking my wait times app today, it seems that TSM's last FP was handed out between 12:15 and 12:20 and Soarin's last FP was handed out around 12:55pm.

Wait time for Soarin' is 150 minutes and TSM! is 120 minutes.

I do want to point out that it is a major holiday weekend, which affects the wait times at least to some extent.

Experiences can differ based on what time of year you're in the parks, although I think the lines for TSM and Soarin' are always among the longest in the World.

Arrived at tsm at 915am, and waited 25 minutes in line today.

Fastpass line was only five people deep at 915....... Park was an absolute zoo by 11am...... 120 minute wait for rrc and tsm..... 100 min for tower

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter