So You Think You Can Dance Season 6

I just hope that each of them gets good choreography. Dancers who draw the dull or lame dances always get punished for it.

I guess they are figuring most people know who they will vote for whatever happens tonight. :confused3

Where is everyone?? Who did you like tonight? According to dial idol Russell is going to win! I hope so :)

They are showing Katherine in 2nd and Jakob in 3rd..you know how that site goes but with them showing Russell with such a huge lead..

I thought everyone did pretty good tonight

I ended up not being able to see it! :mad: Stupid cable.

So not sure what happened tonight but Russell has been my favorite right from the auditions. In reality and based on pure dance talent alone Jakob should win, I know it. This show is not all about that alone though...so go Russell! :thumbsup2 If Jakob wins though I'll be almost as happy. Anyone else wins, not so much. :laughing:

I saw it and was blown away by Kathryn and Jakob's Contemporary routine. It was stunning!

I have to say that Russell is still a favorite of mine, he exudes joy when he dances and it is contagious.

Elenore was funky throughout and fun to watch but I don't think she was as magnetic as Kathryn, Jakob and Russell.

Ryan and Ashleigh danced together and I thought that it was a letdown after all of the hype that led up to that finale, it was boring and sappy IMO. I don't like either of then so that may have had something to do with my blech attitude though.

Can't wait to see who wins, after last night I do not think it will be R and A.

Russell, Jakob, Kathryn - in that order for me.

I also loved the contemporary with Kathryn and Jakob. They are truly great dancers and I am sure will have amazing careers in dance. But there is just something about Russell. I loved his last hip-hop routine and his first routine too.

I thought the show was a let down. WAAAAAY too rushed for a finale. These kids worked so hard to get here - they should have had some more time to do a solo, group number, boy routine, girl routine, etc. They should have simply had more time to shine. Hopefully they will get tha tonight.

I agree that it was way too rushed...two hours the whole season, a two hour results show, but then only one hour for the final dances???:confused3

I loved the Jakob and Kathryn contemporary but that's about it. So many of the dances were just blah, not befitting the finale. The fox trot was just so nothing. I liked seeing the hip hop, too, I guess.

I am BY NO MEANS fans of Ashleigh and Ryan, but for their one dance together, it should have been in their style of ballroom. They needed to have one time let us see what they could do together.

I voted the most for Jakob, with a few thrown in for Russell. I got through easily for Jakob; tons of busy signals for Russell.

Kind of silly when Nigel told Jakob that he should "join" a dance company of other dancers who are just as good as him....as if it's like "joining" Boy Scouts or something. I'm sure he would (literally) leap at the opportunity if offered.

VERY disappointed in the finale. One hour w/ six dancers? Ludicrous.

I fully expected the final number to be Ashleigh & Ryan doing ballroom. Instead the producers pulled out the next biggest weapon in the arsenal -- choreo by Travis. Only thing it did was make me sleepy & a bit queasy. Wonder how many hours of rehearsal Ashleigh spent in the mirror working on her adoring spouse face? Oh well, at least Ryan brought a dose of real emotion -- oh, don't look at me, I must look away, I don't want the audience to see me crying! :sick: Manipulation, pure and simple. DH was in the room for some of the show and said at one point in her number with Russell, "she hasn't even danced yet".

With his talent, Jakob has no doubt had offers from dance companies before SYTYCD. Now even the very highest profile companies will know who he is & he can pick from the best. He's the reason Desmond Richardson agreed to come on and choreograph, no doubt with a guarantee that Kathryn would be the partner.

Russell's final routine was also a gift -- hard hitting hip hop, show closing number, Kathryn as his partner.

I'm going to guess Russell wins it, although 5 phones in our house had a very difficult time getting through to vote for Jakob for quite a while. It was a bit easier to get some votes in for Kathryn.

I thought it would have been too "obvious" to give Ashleigh/Ryan a ballroom style. I think they'll do that tonight. Also, I think tonight, we'll get the boys dance, girls dance, etc.

Did anyone else notice that they seemed effusive in their praise for Jakob, Kathryn, Russell, and even Eleanor, but their praise for Ashliegh/Ryan seemed less stellar. It would be like, "Jakob, you're amazing, I can't believe your talent. Ashleigh, you looked really good out there."

I've never cared for Ashleigh and Ryan. I like Eleanor, and I thought she looked gorgeous last night, but I think Russell's going to take it. You just can't help but feel happy, watching him dance. Jakob is incredible, but I dont'think he connects with the audience the way Russell does. Kathryn is just amazing, too, but I think a boy will take it this time.

Still no word on a tour--are they not doing one this time? I would think they'd be promoting the heck out of it, if they were having one. They did mention Season 7 auditions...

In the very brief video opening of the dancers talking, someone said something about the season being over then something like "I'll miss him[her?] but of course I'll be dancing with him 30,000 times on tour..."

After all the raving about this season (and I guess producer disappointment as they kept comparing them to last season's dancers)....

I feel that this season will go into SYTCD history as an afterthought. A little experiment that didn't work.

They knew when Christmas was--it's the same day every year, imagine that.

They could have started the season 1 week early--they could have done any number of things (even an early top 20 double elimination week).

I feel they didn't give the constestants any justice or mercy and will quickly toss them aside. From the choreograpy, to the promotion, to the lack of a tour, to this pitiful finale of a final show--I kind of feel bad for this season. It's like they got jilted.

The final competition show was very anti-climatic for me.

I really don't care who wins. It's a total crap shoot as no dancer was given their due honor with a final solo or a group number or anything.

After all the moaning and groaning over the importance of solos in the beginning....to drop them???

Tells me that the producers just want this season in the can. WTG!:mad:

Not to metion, they could have had one less day of audtions/Vegas/meet the dancers. It seemed like it took them forever to actually GET to the competition part, then it was all mucked up due to baseball--just seems like poor scheduling all around. I don't get why they didn't hold off until Jan,--Lord knows, not much else going on then.

I don't get why they didn't hold off until Jan,--Lord knows, not much else going on then.

SYTYCD holds the same slot as Idol. So Idol from Jan - May, then SYTYCD over the summer. What did this season replace in previous fall schedules? I agree that this abrupt ending was tacky and unnecessary.

Guhhhh. I was so disappointed with the Finale! The only highlights for me were Jakob and Katherines contemporary and Ryan and Ashleigh dancing together.

I wish they would have had video clips because it adds so much more to the dance when you can know the back story and see how the choreographers push them. You lose the magic without those. I would have LOVED to see the back story with Ryan, Ashleigh and Travis Wall.

And no girl dance?! No boy dance?! WHAT are the producers thinking? We want the magic back!

SYTYCD holds the same slot as Idol. So Idol from Jan - May, then SYTYCD over the summer. What did this season replace in previous fall schedules? I agree that this abrupt ending was tacky and unnecessary.

Sorry about that! Clearly, no Idol-worshippers here!

I was bored. I did LOVE Kathryn and Jacob. How could you not? If it were based on last night alone Kathryn wins hands down. But it's not so I agree that Russell will win. I'd be happy with Russell, Jacob or Kathryn.

I thought Ryan and Ashleigh were awful. Sorry. I don't hate them either. I don't think either deserved a finale spot but they were top 10. I was shocked that Travis choreographed that. It was emotionless to me. I know they were all welled up but it did nothing for me.

I'm over Ellenore. She's odd, quirky and will have a great career but she is the same every week.

I don't know if I'll manage watching the results tonight. My grandmother died yesterday so I'm flying home in 3 hours. It's ok, she was 91 and had a great life. This was not unexpected.

So there is no tour this year? That is a bummer for the cast.

I read an article online where Nigel talks about the finale format since they are short one week this year. Unfortunately I couldn't make heads or tails out of his A's, B's & C's or wasn't reading carefully enough to understand. I'm pretty sure 15 is too many routines to present tonight, I also believe solos will be performed by each.

Actually, I didn't realize it was only an hour last night. I am so pissed. We had the family over for the holiday and I didn't sit down to watch until 8:45 only to find out it didn't record. Not only did SYTYCD not record, but neither did NCIS and none of my other shows were set, as if the system lost all information. And it wasn't just my DVR, since we have two, my daughter's didn't record it either. NCIS I can watch online, but not SYTYCD. I'll have to wait for the recap tonight.

I voted for Katryn, Jakob and Russell and I didn't have any problems getting votes through this time.

I'm so torn over who I want to win. I love all 3 for different reasons. As long as it's 1 of those 3 I'll be happy.

I LOVED Kathryn and Jakob's routine. It was amazing and I was happy to finally see those 2 together. I wish we'd seen more of them, though I really enjoyed her with Legacy too.

Russell was amazing in his dance with Ashleigh and I enjoyed the hip hop number with Kathryn.

Ashleigh's expression while dancing with Ryan reminded me of her audition when she kept making faces at the camera. Maybe that's why I don't care for her as much. She comes off very fake to me. I agree with Nigel that she has more chemistry with Jakob than she does with Ryan (and I think Ryan has more chemistry with Kathryn).

I have to say I thought Ryan was really good in the Samba.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter