So with all of these scams warning people not to buy tickets off of Craigslist...

adSimba

Always another adventure with Mickey
What would someone do if they had e-tickets they would not be able to use before they expired?

are they just out of luck?

Even expired unused tickets do not lose their original cash value (assuming that the tickets are not comped/free). When you are able to use them, Disney will allow you to apply the expired ticket value toward the price of new tickets.

Last edited:
I'm usually buying 5 or 6 adult, 4 or 5 day hopper tickets.
This is the exact reason I wait until we're there to buy tickets.
I don't want the money tied up if something happens and we don't go.

At least Disney is understanding when things happen.

Geemo

Really don't want to hijack your thread, but I have a related question. I have two 5 day adult park hoppers that expire in january, but we will not be able to go until april at the earliest. Could these ever be exchanged for current ones / has anyone had success in a similar situation?

Yes
Really don't want to hijack your thread, but I have a related question. I have two 5 day adult park hoppers that expire in january, but we will not be able to go until april at the earliest. Could these ever be exchanged for current ones / has anyone had success in a similar situation?
. You can use them in April, but you will have to pay any difference in the price at the gate...if there is any.

That being said, if you want to save time on your trip, you can stop by the night before and change the tickets or even call DL and upgrade them before you get there so you don't need to wait in line before entering the park. The DLR hotels DLH, PP and GC can also do the upgrades.

what if I wanted to change them to a different number of days?

what if I wanted to change them to a different number of days?

As long as the increase in the number of days is allowed, e.g. from 3 to 5 days (5 day tickets being the limit right now), then you will pay the difference between the cash value of the expired tickets and the new tickets.

Any way they can convert your $100 ticket into a $300 ticket, I am sure they will gladly accept your $200.

Not so sure you can convert a $300 ticket into a $100 ticket and $200 cash.

Even expired unused tickets do not lose their original cash value (assuming that the tickets are not comped/free). When you are able to use them, Disney will allow you to apply the expired ticket value toward the price of new tickets.

So if for some reason I could not use the tix I bought off cheaptickets (which has specific vacation dates), I could take my voucher there...say a year later, and they would still be able to redeem it for the cash value I paid - I would just pay for any extra costs?

I also have paper DLR tix that I got through redeeming my airmiles. Wonder how those would work?

I always felt secure buying WDW tix which don't expire but very nervous about my DLR tix.

I would call and ask some one about the airmiles tix. For that matter I'd call and see if they will change the cheap-tickets tix for you before the date. Just to make sure there is no trouble.

I would call and ask some one about the airmiles tix. For that matter I'd call and see if they will change the cheap-tickets tix for you before the date. Just to make sure there is no trouble.

For now, our trip is proceeding as planned and I don't anticipate not being to go. I was mostly curious because I was a bit stressed when I bought the tickets. The only reason I bought it so early was because of the price increase (got it the day before the price went up). If I decide to call out of curiosity, who would I call?

I got my tickets days before the price increase to from Getawaytoday.com ;) Um who would you call well first id call who you bought them from and check there policy and id also call Disneyland

I bought 1 ticket through cheap tickets, it's my understanding that you have to redeem the voucher wishing the time window you entered. If for some reason you couldn't make it you would forfeit the tickets. I bought cancelation insurance on my credit card to ease my mind. It covers our flights and any other charged travel expense for our whole family.

You can also buy $20.00 insurance at Getawaytoday. It covers any changes or cancellations. That's $20.00 for the entire purchase, not per ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter