So whose blown their New Years Resolution already?

It's A Happy Day

<font color=darkorchid>I am on a troll<br><font co
Admit it.....c'mon......you vowed you would/wouldn't __________________ and it's not even February yet and you've blown it :laughing:

Seriously I don't think anyone can change at the drop of a hat and there will be relapses so I don't think of it this early in the game as a failure.

This year I am striving to live healthier ~ not a diet/lose weight achievement but get up, get moving, and make better eating choices as far as types of food & portion control. Hopefully by making those changes I will lose some weight anyway but that isn't the "goal." So far we've (the whole family) have joined the local Y and we've managed to go a couple times this past week ~ we just joined last Saturday ;) so ask me again in 3 months :rolleyes1

Not me :) I've resolved to lose enough weight to be able to donate part of my liver to mom; so far I'm down 20 pounds as of this AM. And I intend to keep going! :thumbsup2

This is going to sound terrible, I know *dons flameproof suit* but I'm waiting for the New Year's Resolution people to give up at the gym; it's SOOOO busy there now, all of the cardio equipment is prime real-estate, even in the "off times"! There was a promo just after new year, where you could sign up for $1 and it was $10 a month with no commitment, so that made it even busier! :O

Well my goal for this year is to shape up physically and pay off some debt. So far we've paid 1 cc almost completely off and it will be paid off by next month. :) For the getting in shape, I started but stopped because right now I'm soooooooooooo sick I can hardly breathe, let alone get up and work out. I have a couple of new Wii games I'm excited to try and I'm considering ordering another one from Amazon to help. I don't make "resolutions" tho, I just set goals for myself and try to meet them. :)

Not me :) I've resolved to lose enough weight to be able to donate part of my liver to mom; so far I'm down 20 pounds as of this AM. And I intend to keep going! :thumbsup2

This is going to sound terrible, I know *dons flameproof suit* but I'm waiting for the New Year's Resolution people to give up at the gym; it's SOOOO busy there now, all of the cardio equipment is prime real-estate, even in the "off times"! There was a promo just after new year, where you could sign up for $1 and it was $10 a month with no commitment, so that made it even busier! :O

Don't worry. Right about the second week in February all of the New Years people who don't want to stick with it long term will quit and it won't take 20 minutes to find parking. Unfortunately the revelation that you can't undo 15 years of bad habits in a month is just too much for some to handle. It is like that every year.

All of my goals are long term so I won't really know if I failed or not until the end of the running season. Even if the specific goals aren't met I won't rest on the training I resolved to do to reach the goals.

I have! My New Year's resolution was to drive every single day, even if only around the block. I haven't driven once this year. :guilty: It's so easy to come up with excuses: it's too icy, it's too hard to see around the snowbanks, too much traffic, etc. The other night I had pretty much convinced myself to drive to the dry cleaner's (two blocks). I ended up walking. Then the nightmares started. I have recurring dreams that my brakes fail and I hit and kill an elderly Chinese man. Sometimes he's on a bike and sometimes he's walking. I have no idea why, but I can vividly remember the feeling of pumping the brakes and nothing happening. I'm sure I'd be good material for Freud.

I have! My New Year's resolution was to drive every single day, even if only around the block. I haven't driven once this year. :guilty: It's so easy to come up with excuses: it's too icy, it's too hard to see around the snowbanks, too much traffic, etc. The other night I had pretty much convinced myself to drive to the dry cleaner's (two blocks). I ended up walking. Then the nightmares started. I have recurring dreams that my brakes fail and I hit and kill an elderly Chinese man. Sometimes he's on a bike and sometimes he's walking. I have no idea why, but I can vividly remember the feeling of pumping the brakes and nothing happening. I'm sure I'd be good material for Freud.

That is interesting because I know a lot of people with the exact opposite resolution. They either want to walk or bike more or take public transportation. I do wish I could ride my bike to work but there is just no safe way to get from where I live to where I work. I do ride a lot of places in the summer though.

I usually make 20-30 resolutions every year. I don't intend on not breaking them I just intend on working on them throughout the year until I reach them by the end of the year. Like one of them was drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. I drink 3-4 now (which is 3-4 more than I was drinking :rolleyes:) and am working up to the 8-10.

Usually my gym is PACKED to the gills with people in January and then everyone seems to stop coming in February-March. This year there's hardly anyone there. I wonder if it's because people stopped making New Years Resolutions or because more gyms opened up in the area (I don't think the recession has too much to do with it around here as there's still plenty of jobs available and malls/restaurants/etc. are always packed).

Surprisingly i'm keeping up with mine so far - it was to go to the gym more and out of the last 15 days i've been there 12 days so that's pretty good. If I could now figure out how to stop eating junk food but I figure one step at a time.

So far, so good..:thumbsup2

Guess we'll have to revisit this subject the end of next December..;)

I blew it already....I resolved to walk 30 minutes every day on my treadmill....I have missed 2 days already so I blew it

I have "doubled up" the day after skipping - walking 60 minutes on the treadmill so I feel less guilty but I definitely didn't stick to my resolution.

I will say it is progress for me not to totally give up after a hiccup or "bad" day - in the past it has been all or nothing and I am trying to think of each day as a clean slate

So i keep plugging along....

I made the resolution to read one book a month that is intellectual and would would make me think deeper about life and try to watch a new film that would endear me to the human spirit and make me think outside of what I have always known.

Animal House ROCKS!
animal_house.jpg

So far, so good. I've been sticking with my plans to meet my resolution goals. My cardiosculpt class this week is already down by half from last week, thank goodness. There was no room, but now it's getting back to normal.

Big time. But I've resolved to make tomorrow Jan. 1, part 2. :goodvibes

I'm doing well with the diet and exercise part. The organization/decluttering is slower than I expected.

blew mine the January 1 @ 6:00 p.m. I know it's a disgusting habit, but I've been a smoker for about 10 years. Every year I say I'm going to quit. I usually make it at least a week or more, but not this year. Lots of stressful things happened that week. I am planning that February 1st Resolution though! Keeping my fingers crossed. I've vowed to make it this time!

I havent...yet.
I was in the hospital on new years and I made my resolution that as soon as I got teh okay from my cardiologist, that I would spend at least 30 minutes a day on wii fit and another 10-15 minutes playing tenni son wii sports.
Unfortunately, I am limited to only using my wii for fitness because it is at home. I get tired after a few minutes of aerobics so I cant even talk a walk around my neighborhood becaus eI have to stop adn sit so often.

Technically for me, My news year resolution didnt start until Jan 8 because I had to wait a week after discharge to even get on the wii. So far, it has been a week since I started and I have not missed a single day of wii fit. i do at least 30 minutes which includes 5-10 minutes of aerobic exercises which is a big deal for me (and my heart..lol)
Ive only done wii sports 4 days because the other 3 days i was just too tired.
In the 1 week I've been using wii, Ive lost 1.5lbs:thumbsup2 which is a huge motivation to keep going.

I know that I will be able to keep this up for at least the next 3 1/2 weeks but than I go back to school and i'm in class all day monday and wednesday adn half days tuesday and thursday. My goal once school starts is to get 30 minutes of wii fit in at least 5 days a week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter