So who's tried a personalized touring plan?

Seems completely reasonable. It's a popular ride, and people may want to save their FP+ for the mountains and A&E. They could do PP at RD instead. A lot of people may rush over there and cause a bit of a blockage. Once people have started going through and clearing out and more people are not rushing over from RD, then yah, it could ease up a bit. I have seen it in TP before and have seen it in person. They do use the actual wait times info from Disney and other mathematical algorithms. I would trust what it says. Except for weird anomalies where it might stick a bunch of free time between something, it has been pretty incredibly accurate for me.

I think it's got to be a glitch. I went and looked at some of Josh's wait time tables at Easy WDW, and the Peter Pan waits build steadily in the morning-- there is no drop off after an hour. I rearranged the plan to put Peter Pan first.

I'm excited to try the Touring Plans for the first time this Spring Break, but I'm nervous about timing too.
Think I may just need to take a leap of faith!

Newbie here, but I was playing around with Touringplans and as a basic/free subscriber you are able to create a personalized touring plan - I know it's only $12 but I was wondering what extra stuff you get that's worth it. Sorry if this has been discussed.[/QUOTe

Just to let you know. I was checking out things on the site and a promo code popped up with 20% off. So the plan cost me a little over $10. Try that before you subscribe! :daisy:

I created personalized plans for our big trip last June, and my spouse was skeptical at first. (We had a smartphone duel going for a while, where he was relying heavily on MDE and I was waving my phone around with the Lines app up, yelling, "SEE? SEE?") But after our first night, where we changed some things on the fly due to weather and temporary ride closures, and our first full day, where I leaned heavily on the itinerary and everything fell into place, he became a convert.

The important thing for us was to treat them as a guideline; we made sure to be flexible as possible on ADRs and FP+, and then just rolled with the punches after that. (Also, when I renewed my TP account this year, I was able to get a discount because I had the updated Unofficial Guide.)

For many of our trips I would put together my own personalized touring plan and it worked great. Then for a few trips I didn't use one at all. But when I started going during FP+, I found that I needed a touring plan to get through everything I wanted in a day so now I'm back to using one.

On my quick December 2014 trip, I was in MK without a touring plan and found I wasn't accomplishing much so I logged into my www.touringplans.com account and created a personalized one while I was eating lunch. It really made my day so much more productive and I found that I wasn't going back and forth so much. I also found it pretty accurate.

I've got another trip coming up in April and after I booked my FP+, I started putting together personalized touring plans for each park. I need to finish it up because it helped my trip go so much smoother.

You mean like making multiple versions for each day named things like Tuesday-with Tomorrowland, Tuesday-Adventurland/Fronteirland. I don't know what you could be talking about! :rolleyes:

Really? Does this work with the personalized plans, too?

I highly recommend the subscription. It is likely one of the least expensive things you will buy for the entire trip and gives you real time data. Not perfect, but more accurate than Disney's posted times!

Yes, I did subscribe and it cost about $10 with the promo code I was able to find online. I came up with some pretty good plans but I can't get my FP+ till the end of May, so at least I have an idea of where to try to get some of them. If only I were able to get FP+ for everything TP suggests. For instance it suggests I get FP+ for things in the same tier, if only it were that simple. I'm glad I have time to play around with it though so I can come up with a bunch of different scenarios.

OK someone help me out here...
Playing around for Sun. 7/26 & it says hours for HS are 9am-830pm but Fantasmic is 9pm. So if we don't go to the show is it possible to ride something at that time?

OK someone help me out here...
Playing around for Sun. 7/26 & it says hours for HS are 9am-830pm but Fantasmic is 9pm. So if we don't go to the show is it possible to ride something at that time?

I noticed Fantasmic is scheduled for 30 minutes after closing time most days. I would guess that the regular rides stop at closing time allowing everyone to go to the Fantasmic show. I expect this timing is to schedule the performers and technicians far in advance. The parks also extend hours in busy times and they won't need to reschedule the show for a later time.

What's the best way to include character meets that are not listed as attractions in TP? For example, I know my DD wants to meet Tiana and Merida in MK. Do I enter those as a "break" in TP? How do I know how much time to set aside for it? That's my one gripe with TP so far; if they added in all the non-FP-enabled character meets, it would be perfect.

sorry to hijack but I leave in 2 days and suddenly realized I should've gotten the app! I've purchased it several times for trips to DL & WDW but didn't think it was necessary. It's just my DH and I and (he) we wanted to 'wing' it haha. I do have my FP+ and ADRs all set up 8-). I have been looking at discounts of 20% on Mousesavers but I found a thread somewhere that said there was a 30% off through AllEars newsletter. I am a subscriber but I can't find that discount. Anyone find a 30% anywhere?

What's the best way to include character meets that are not listed as attractions in TP? For example, I know my DD wants to meet Tiana and Merida in MK. Do I enter those as a "break" in TP? How do I know how much time to set aside for it? That's my one gripe with TP so far; if they added in all the non-FP-enabled character meets, it would be perfect.

I agree. I would like this added as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter