• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So who's gone on Captain EO since it's return to epcot?

Ilovedis30

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Just curious to know if anyones tried it out and if so How was it?? I'll be there in 5 days and can't wait to check it out. :cool1:

Im seriously considering going to this later this week, if I can coerce anyone else to go see it with me..

I can't wait to get to the "world" I was also wondering about what kind of wait time there would be?? Probably a long one:headache: But I'm still watchin.

I'm going to Epcot on Friday. I'll let you know then. A few weeks ago I went on You Tube and saw the entire video. I wish I hadn't. I'd forgotten the entire show.

OMG, I just went yesterday! I loved it!!! It's so dated but I was so happy to see it. We walked right on but I think we just timed it well because there was a decent crowd inside. It was funny watching the show now as an adult; I remember pulling the 3D glasses off when Angelica Houston appeared. Im hopefully going back tomorrow so I'll probably check it out again.

I'm hoping this is just an inturim attraction while the entire attraction is being reimagioneered. Including Figment.

We went during the Passholder preview Thursday. I had never seen it, and I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it and I think mine DS(11) did also.

I honestly don't remember if I saw Captain EO as a little kid,I think I did,but I don't remember any of it,can't wait to see it in a month or two.

I went today. I was confused because there was a long rope up outside for the queue but no one was in it. Turns out there weren't many people going to see it. It was a walk-on for me. I loved it, and I was very tempted to see it a few more times.

Oooh I can't wait for my turn, hopefully my dd12 will like since she's a fan of MJ. I was tempted to watch the youtube video too but since this is my first time I want to see it all brand new .:goodvibes

I remembe seeing it a long time ago. I don't remember much though. I am very excited about seeing it again next month!;)

the only part of captain eo i remember is the rocks that hurl out at you. coz when i was little, i threw off my 3d glasses and jumped in my dads lap! :3dglasses i really cannot wait to see it again! :goodvibes

We saw it last Friday morning ... I believe that was to be the day it opened. There was no line at all to get in and the theater was not full for the showing (in fact they had some technical difficulties getting the movie going and some people left instead of waiting it out). I too was pleasantly surprised and really like it.

DD(12) and I saw it for the first time during a soft opening last Wednesday (June 30). It was new for us. We enjoyed it, and I was so glad to be able to catch it since we were leaving the day before it opened!

Saw it saturday and it was a walk on for us, theater only a quarter full. It is just not as popular first thing as they seemed to think it would be it seems :confused3

I remembered some of it from when we used to go and see it in the 80s but I had forgotten a lot of it over the years.

It is very "80s" but fun to watch again if you saw it years ago, or have never seen it.

What is Captain EO? MJ=Michael Jackson? Where is this attraction? Going to Epcot on 8/16 :cool1:.

I saw it on Friday, when it reopened. It wasn't on the map, but the show times were listed on the Times Guide (9:00am - 9:00pm). As such, the only people who found it either already knew where it was going to be, asked a cast member, or just happened to find it themselves. We arrived at Epcot around 10am, and walked straight back to Captain EO, and walked right in seconds before the intro video started. I'd never seen it before (It was closed two years before my first visit to the World), but I enjoyed every minute of it. Hope it stays around for a while.

We went on July 1.

Neither of us had ever seen it before. But my husband remembers hearing much about it when it opened in '86 (we were high school kids at the time and fans of the 1980's Michael Jackson).

We're glad we went. It was indeed dated. But it's a piece of Disney history.

Will we ever see it again if it stays for any length of time, probably not (but I might steal the dance moves for my cheer team :rotfl:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter