So who is a Firefighter/ EMS personnel that loves WDW too??

WDWviaBuffalo

1st Timer in 2011, and now hooked for life !!!!!
Ok, who else "LOVES" WDW and his a firefighter (volunteer or professional) or an Paramedic/ EMT? I have been a firefighter/ EMT for 22 years in the suburbs of Buffalo, NY and I am currently the 1st Asst. Chief for my department. My wife who I met in EMS 14 years ago, is also a Firefighter/ EMT and our Rescue Lt. I know we are a huge "FAMILY" out there and always interested in meeting brothers and sisters from around the "WORLD". My fire department also has a huge patch collection in our firehouse and we are always looking to add a new patch to our collection, if anyone has 1 of their dept. or agency we would love to display it in our firehouse......please send me a private message and I will respond...

STAY SAFE !!!!

I was a paid call firefighter back in the 1960 & 70's and then a full time police officer for in the late 1970 & 80's. Then in the late 1990's I was a volunteer EMS. The last one was when I got the WDW bug. I used to spend my tour at the station on the cable internet between runs reading up on WDW. They had cable internet there and back then I only had dial up at home.

FF/Medic from Michigan here. DW, ER nurse, and I made a few trips to WDW while dating then began making yearly treks after we had kids in 1999. After she convinced me to buy DVC in 2002 since we are all Disney nuts, we go anytime we can get cheap airfare.

Always nice to meet fellow first responders that love Disney.

My DH is an Asst Fire Chief who loves Disney as much as I do. He laughs as he is considered the go to guy for all things Disney when anyone at the department has questions.

My brother is a captain with the Prince George's County Fire Dept. and lives in Laurel, MD. He and his family love Disney and are looking forward to going back soon. They especially love going at Thanksgiving. :goodvibes

My husband is a firefighter in SC and we are planning our 1st Disney World vacation for this Fall. I hope he falls in love with it as much as I love it already!

I'm an EMT-Intermediate out in Utah, and I am a Disney addict! My husband was not impressed with Disney at all...until I took him and now we're BOTH hooked! Being from Ohio, I was always a DisneyWorld girl, but living in Utah, only 10 hours from Anaheim, we go to the Land much more frequently!

My dh is a captain here in Tucson. I wouldn't say he's a Disney nut/fanatic but he does like it a lot (although not as much as I do:lovestruc)

We've done 2 trips to WDW, 4 Disney cruises and numerous Disneyland trips. We are annual pass holders for DL as it's only a 7 hour drive. We try to go 3-4 times per year when we have AP's. when we don't we manage a trip a year or sometimes 2.

Our quick escape from the heat is Southern California so even if we just plan on doing San Diego we almost always sneak in a few days in DL. :banana:

My husband loves his job and I consider it one of the biggest blessings in our lives. He is a former teacher and wasn't totally happy. Firefighting is his second career and it's given us so much- his happiness, much more income than teaching and a rockin' schedule!

I'm a Lt paid on call firefighter and ER nurse in west Michigan who loves all things Disney!! My favorite picture from our last trip is my son and I on the Main St. fire engine with the chief.
photo.php

Right place, right time.

While I may not be a firefighter, we do own a 1952 Chevy pumper truck that served many years fighting fires in Victoria, BC. The fire truck served the community until the tank rotted out from getting water from the salt chucks there, and was retired in either 1993/94. We are in the process of restoring it to it's former glory, and have taken it in many parades and vintage vehicle shows locally. It's my DH's fav big toy in our vintage vehicle collection, and the one he has the most fun with. It also has historical significance with the fire fighting history in our province of British Columbia.

DH is a firefighter (driver) and EMT in Mobile, AL. I loved WDW first, but now it seems DH is more addicted than me.

Sent you a PM

DH is a firefighter (driver) and EMT in Mobile, AL. I loved WDW first, but now it seems DH is more addicted than me.

Sent you a PM

Small world...
My DH is a paramedic/firefighter captain on Mobile Fire Dept also. I'm a paramedic and teach at Univ of South AL.
DH had never been to Disney until our honeymoon in 2001.:eek: Now he has been more times then he can count!:banana: Going back during Mardi Gras next week.

I am in a fire company marching band - the Citizen's Hose Company Marching Band of Smyrna Delaware. For state tax purposes I am considered a volunteer fire fighter. We marched in the inaugural parade and in the recent Veteran's Day parade in NYC. There is a lot of pride in our company.

I'm a Firefighter/Paramedic in the Cincinnati area. I'm a big Disney nut and seem to be the go to guy at the firehouse. I've been accused of getting a few of the guys hooked on Disney here haha.

Another volunteer (35 years) firefighter and Asst chief from Delaware.

My DH is a Battalion Chief in Joplin, MO. Last year we were scheduled to leave for a Disney trip on May 26. The tornado hit Joplin on May 22. My DH was the Chief on duty at the time. He worked for 9 days straight only coming home 1 evening for 12 hours. When he did sleep, it was for 2-4 hours at a time mostly on the concrete floor of his office. My girls and I did go to Disney because we were taking our niece as a graduation present and had another family going with us. It was very hard to leave at the time, but my DH wanted us to go to get us out of the area. We live about 20 miles south of Joplin so we were not directly affected by the tornado, but our subdivision was evacuated for flooding. Since he didn't get to go then, we just 'had' to go back to Disney over Christmas break!!! We both are big Disney fans. He did tell me just yesterday he is ready to go back again. We have a foreign exchange student right now so that will probably be our excuse to go again!
DH can retire in August. He is currently going to RN school so I tease him that he will finally make some decent $$$. He said after the tornado, he is definitely looking forward to leaving the fire service.

My DH is a Battalion Chief in Joplin, MO. Last year we were scheduled to leave for a Disney trip on May 26. The tornado hit Joplin on May 22. My DH was the Chief on duty at the time. He worked for 9 days straight only coming home 1 evening for 12 hours. When he did sleep, it was for 2-4 hours at a time mostly on the concrete floor of his office. My girls and I did go to Disney because we were taking our niece as a graduation present and had another family going with us. It was very hard to leave at the time, but my DH wanted us to go to get us out of the area. We live about 20 miles south of Joplin so we were not directly affected by the tornado, but our subdivision was evacuated for flooding. Since he didn't get to go then, we just 'had' to go back to Disney over Christmas break!!! We both are big Disney fans. He did tell me just yesterday he is ready to go back again. We have a foreign exchange student right now so that will probably be our excuse to go again!
DH can retire in August. He is currently going to RN school so I tease him that he will finally make some decent $$$. He said after the tornado, he is definitely looking forward to leaving the fire service.

We live in AL (we were not affected, but had friends that were in Tuscaloosa), and I hope mother nature is nicer this spring!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter