• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So who has done Everest ????

MrKTI

Mouseketeer
We just did it ... got there at 9:45, and on the ride by just after 10:00. Not near the wait we were planning on. Didn't stick around for the DVC pins, that line was forever.

No room at FW, so were picked somewhere else. Only live 30 miles from here, but we wanted to take the MH just in case something popped up at the fort.

The ride was pretty cool ... not for the faint of heart.

John

Friends went last weekend but said Everest was only open for castmembers. The question is what were the silver things they were carrying around after the ride? Sue said everyone said they would not part with them.

Passholder and DVC preview started yesterday and runs through Sunday. We'll be there bright and early tomorrow!!!

There was probably some Castmember special pin or lanyard that was being given out.

Carol

We'll be there bright & early tomorrow morning for the passholder preview! All passholders get a free lanyard and pin!

You get a free lanyard and a pin when you get off the ride ... if you can still stand up (just kidding). Save your ride ticket when you get on.

You also can get a DVC pin (if you're a DVC member). A lady gave us two little coupons , but the line was so long we skipped this part.

You must have a photo ID in addition to your AP.

Its a cool ride, but once is enough for me. A friend of ours went yesterday at 4:00 and rode it FIVE times ... that would have killed me.

John

Do we know when it is going to open for everyone else? I was at AK the first week in January and they would only say "April".

Anybody know anything else?

We are having dinner with two cast member friends this evening, I will ask. Someone will pop on here and answer this before I find out anything I am sure.

John

The ride opens April 7th, but from now till then it will be open most of the time. I guess they do it this way so they can close it down anytime for testing, or whatever, before the official opening day.

Bet they don't need more Test Track adventures.

Our friends seemed to think it will open pretty much from now on, or soon, but they did not know for sure.

John

DD and I thought it was way cool. Has taken over Soarin as my #1. I like it better than all WDW coasters. Lots of applause after ride was over.

we rode it and liked it a lot. got our free pin and lanyard also got the special edition pin. That line was longer than the ride line.

Rode it yesterday! I was by myself and lucky enough to beat the enormous crowds! Excellent ride!

DW and DD road it today and thought it was great but had a 90 min wait in stand by line.

I road it a few time just to see if it was me, But not a great ride just Ok. Disney just does not get it they could make some great ride like Universal but they keep given us lame ducks. I will not make a special trip aging to ride this. :bored:

I loved it because it was thrilling enough for me and yet not so over the top that my dh wouldn't ride -- he hates roller coasters but loves Disney. I liked that it changed up the directions by going backward and forward in different directions on different tracks. I wouldn't have waited the three hours it was for standby on Saturday, though.

We got there at 9 am on Saturday but couldn't get into the park and over to the ride until 9:20 where there was already a 45 minute wait. We opted to get fast passes (the times were already out to between 12:20 and 1:20) and do some other stuff on our list. We got back over to EE right at 12:20 and walked right onto the ride. We heard at the time, though, that the wait was 3 hours in stand-by and that all the fast passes for the day had already been given out.

We only got one pin and lanyard each -- I didn't see a separate pin being given out anywhere.

We rode during the contractor preview in January. We loved it and my husband is not a roller coaster fan! This was my five year old's first real roller coaster, and he rode twice and wanted to keep on riding. I think this is a great addition to the Animal Kingdom. We drove three hours one way for the day, and we wouldn't mind doing it again!

We'll be in Disney April 13-21. What is Everest?? Which park is it in??
Sounds exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter