So who has been to Hoop Dee Doo Review recently?

We did the Hoop just two weeks ago! It was the second time for most of us and the first time for the 10-year-old. Though she ate half of a very expensive grilled cheese sandwich, the rest of us enjoyed the meal and we all really enjoyed the show. We were Cat 1 and were two rows back from the center of the stage at the 5:00 show. There was no one seated in the balcony at this show.

We didn't have any trouble getting to Pioneer Hall--just hopped on the golf cart. One of the many advantages of staying at the Fort!:rotfl:

There were signs posted that bus transport is offered to all Disney resorts after the two later shows, so if you are doing one of those you might want to take the MK boat or a bus from another park.

This sounds so much like what we're doing in September :)

We're taking our golf cart to it, too--and our 10 year old will also be enjoying half of a very expensive grilled cheese sandwich! We've never been before, but the free dining made it a possibility. Going at 9:30 so we'll get the CAT 1.

Can't wait! Heard a bunch of mixed reviews about the Sangria though--not sure if I'm willing to try it or not. Might just have to stick with the beer.

I just want to make sure I get this straight: After the last 2 shows there are buses waiting to go back to all resorts? But after the 5:00 show you have to take the boat to MK and then hop on a bus. Is that correct?

I'm also confused about whether or not you have to take a bus once you get there to get to Pioneer Hall (which I'm guessing is the restraunt?)? So for the 5:00 show I'd take the bus to MK, boat to the resort, and then a bus at the resort to the Pioneer Hall??

What kind of show is it? Is it basically singing and dancing? My family is thinking about this show. My DH is excited about the neverending beer!:drinking1

I just want to make sure I get this straight: After the last 2 shows there are buses waiting to go back to all resorts? But after the 5:00 show you have to take the boat to MK and then hop on a bus. Is that correct?

I'm also confused about whether or not you have to take a bus once you get there to get to Pioneer Hall (which I'm guessing is the restraunt?)? So for the 5:00 show I'd take the bus to MK, boat to the resort, and then a bus at the resort to the Pioneer Hall??

If you take the boat from MK it's just a short walk to Pioneer Hall, no need for a bus.

You are correct on getting back to your resort after dinner.

It was awesome!!!!:woohoo:

The menu consisted of Fried Chicken, Ribs, BBQ Beans, Corn Bread, Salad and Potatoes. On my son's Facebook page, his status was, "Strawberry Shortcake! Where have you been all my life?" He had an entire shortcake to himself and ate every bit! Everything was served at the correct temperature. The Ribs were fall off the bone tender, not dry at all!

The show was so much fun. The cast was awesome. We went to the 9:30 show and used our DP with the 2TS credits. At that showing, you can get the first tier seating. That night, the dining room was only half full and the balcony was totally empty. Obviously, when the seats are empty, they move everyone down front so that it is easier on the CMs that are serving you. After the show, we hopped back on the bus straight to our resort, AKL Kidani Village.

It was a great evening. We had a party of 10, so we were very merry!

What is on the kids menu there? I guess I could check all ears but I'm not sure if I recall seeing one? My son does have multiple food allergies so I'm hoping they have something he will like. We did note our reservations so we should be covered!

The kids eat the same as the adults: corn bread, salad, fried chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, and strawberry short cake. I think that there was a note on the menu that chicken nuggets and the like are available upon special request.

If your son has allergies, make sure you note it when you make the reservation, and the chef will come out and make something to accommodate him.

I would recommend Cat. 1 or 2 and taking the boat from MK. It's quick and easy. This is post 666 for me. Oh no!!

OK so was this an ADR you can make online or did you have to Disney Dining? I mean I make my ADRs in Feb. so I really need this info now.

Hi Jpolak -

The TIW card can only be used at the 9:30 show, which we will be doing next Thursday night. Always, always a great time !!

Bob

OK so was this an ADR you can make online or did you have to Disney Dining? I mean I make my ADRs in Feb. so I really need this info now.
You can book on line if using a credit card to pay. If you want to use dining credits, you need to call. They will still take your cc info but only charge you if you no show or cancel within 48 hours.

This thread has me rethinking our plans and wanting to include it. But, neither of us drinks alcohol. Still worth it?

Has anyone taken their little one's here? Our DD is 2, and while she loves singing and dancing, I have no idea if she'd like this. Also, during our time, there is only tier 3 available since we'd be using dining credits..if we went, would she see anything from up there??

griergirl2, i was just thinking they same thing having a 2 year old. anyone have experience with small children for this one?

Has anyone taken their little one's here? Our DD is 2, and while she loves singing and dancing, I have no idea if she'd like this. Also, during our time, there is only tier 3 available since we'd be using dining credits..if we went, would she see anything from up there??

Good question. I'm wondering that, too. My kids are 2 and 4 (and an infant).

Also, this might be a stupid question, but how do you get there from the WL?

You can book on line if using a credit card to pay. If you want to use dining credits, you need to call. They will still take your cc info but only charge you if you no show or cancel within 48 hours.

We used the DxDp and were able to book online. No need to call. We just entered our credit card information to hold our spot, but the 2 TS credits came off when we actually ate our meal. It can be done online. Much easier, I think. I don't like waiting on the phone. :thumbsup2

bumping back up..still wondering about these questions :surfweb:

We took our daughter for the 1st time about a month before her 3rd birthday and she loved it. She is almost 14 now and still loves it (so does DH, I find it kind of silly)! We have been to HDDR at least 6 times now and even though it is pretty much the same show she and DH beg to return with each trip. We didn't go to HDDR the last two times at WDW much to her dismay. We leave in 3 weeks for a surprise 14th birthday gift... and we have HDDR scheduled for the second night.

I find the show entertaining but silly, the food is okay...ribs and fried chicken are not my thing... nor is domestic light beer and cheap wine...but DD & DH love it so much it's worth it just to watch their reactions.

Of course

Thanks for the reply..we don't think we will try it this time but may try it on next year's trip..we shall see.

DMIL has requested we go to HDDR on our next trip. Now DW and I went to it 12 years ago on our honeymoon. So who has been recently? What did you think, and what tier seating did you have? Also I remember it being real difficult getting to and from HDDR. We will have a car, but don't know if that makes things more difficult. TIA :thumbsup2.

Almost everyone reading this. It doesn't matter what seating all have good seats. It is fur piece to Fort Wilderness. I sure wouldn't book the last showing. We did that ONCE and it was laaate for sweet grandkids.

Good question. I'm wondering that, too. My kids are 2 and 4 (and an infant).

Also, this might be a stupid question, but how do you get there from the WL?

A boat runs between the WL and Fort Wilderness. From the other replies in this thread, I gather that it's a short walk from the boat dock.

We went in Dec of 09 and had a great time, took the boat from MK both ways with out problems I am also confused on the bus when show lets out do you take the camp ground bus to the front and is that where the resort buses are waiting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter