So where are all those people at Disney next week eating?

punkin

<font color=purple>Went through pain just to look
I know that they are expecting really heavy crowds based on the extended hours and I know that rooms are all booked up, but I just called for restaurant reservations and got some very good time slots for next week. Is everyone eating counter service to save money on trips that were probably already paid for so had to be taken?

Who knows Punkin,
One thing I've figured out with Disney is that nothing is ever like it was before. A slow season one year, can be jammed packed the next. Just when you get an unexpected trip and think nothing is available, every place opens up. I'm one of the few people who don't think the economy is going to have a big impact on Disney. If your a budget traveler, you'll remain that way. If you always do TS than you'll may cut back 1 or 2 but not by much.

I am more interested in the budget aspect. Are the reservations available because people are trying to save more money?

maybe it's the time of year where a lot of people who don't do diney are going? i know that we had no idea that you had to make dinner reservations but a friend told us.
lara

we just got back yesterday and we stayed off-site and ate most of our meals off-site. If you ate at dinner time, places were really, really busy, so I would guess that many more people are opting to eat off-site. I know we didn't eat any table service meals while we were there and only ate counter service.

Ahhh. I am under the impression that for every one DisBoard addict, there are about 5,000 people with no clue hitting the parks every day. ;)

I have a co-workers that did that. They had the hotel reservations but that was it. They didn't quite understand why I was freaking cause I had to wait and couldn't do the 180-day. (DH's vacation time wasn't approved yet) Thought I was nuts to want a rental when Disney provides a bus. (oh ladies, I thought that decision over quite well, and we'll need a car) We have a lot of "extenuating circumstances" in our case and vacations are tricky, but they just completely do not understand all this advanced planning I'm doing. They all just showed up and *punted*, I guess. I'm sure they had a perfectly lovely time.

However, we will be having a perfectly lovelier one. :thumbsup2

I know there are several groups in PA going for school. DD has 3 friends at 3 different schools going. All are staying at ASMU. I would bet they arent eating TS.

We are eating at
Mama Melrose
Tepan Edo
Whispering Canyon
Coral Reef
Cape May Cafe
Yatch Club Galley
Chef Mickey
and HDDR

I think a lot of people are still up set over the DDP...we are doing both DDE and DDP since we have 3 trips planned and my boys will be turning 10 during this trip-so the last time I will be doing DDP for a while

I know that they are expecting really heavy crowds based on the extended hours and I know that rooms are all booked up, but I just called for restaurant reservations and got some very good time slots for next week. Is everyone eating counter service to save money on trips that were probably already paid for so had to be taken?

Well, perhaps there's some "trading down" within Disney as we're seeing in the overall economy. You know, Target isn't doing so well, but Walmart is doing well because many Target shoppers have traded down to Walmart. Perhaps some Disney vacations are making compromises within their spending budgets such as...."we can still go, but we'll have to skip the California Grill this year and eat at Cosmic Rays. Or...the Cantina outside in Mexico over the fancier San Angel inside. That kind of thing.....

We will be there and will be on the DDP:

We will be at:

CRT
SCI FI
KONA (for Easter Dinner) YUMMY!!!
HOLLYWOOD & VINE
CORAL REEF
CHEF MICKEY'S

*** I called CBR the other day with a question and I had mentioned I had heard there were big crowds expected and the CM said they were booked solid. FUN!!:eek:

Well...now there is room at CBR! I just booked a last minute trip for next weekend (we have to go to Titusville Friday or I NEVER would have done it). The All Stars, Pop, and POFQ are booked. We took POR. For a last minute two nighter we weren't looking for anything fancy so I don't know about the other mods or deluxes.

BUT, we decided not even to try making adr's because of the expected crowd. I just figured we stood no chance. Maybe I'll try for something tomorrow!

This will be my first trip ever that I didn't try to get reservations for every day. #1 it is just too crazy. Did you know that I called for a reservation (at 5 months out) for 4 people at Chef Mickey's and there was "nothing" available. She told me though that she had plenty of tables for parties of 6 or more available.

That's just wrong. I couldn't get a reservation for a party of 4, but if I was a party of 6 it's not a problem. I called first. I should get the reservation.

So now I don't bother trying so much. I make sure I got a reservation for 3 night out of 7 and that's that.

then I would have said you were a party of 6.

I know that with the cost of gas and everything else going up we are cutting back in a lot of ways on our Disney trip with food being one of them. We are doing cs and eating offsite for our ts.

They are all spring breakers that are currently on the beach in Daytona. By the time they get to Disney they will have no money left for food. :)

with the crowd level high and then disney added the additional holiday cost...we are doing cs! Will be there next week!:cool1:

Well, I got almost everything I wanted: Boma dinner on Friday (8 pm I asked for 7:30), Rose and Crown Saturday (5:50 I asked for 6:30), Boma breakfast easter Sunday (got the time I wanted). I have not decided what else I want so I haven't tried to book it yet.

I'm totally shocked! I called this afternoon for Saturday and got Biergarten at 7:35. They had tons from 4-4:40 and more starting at 7:50 for parties of 3.

Tony's only had openings for parties of 2 all night. I though it would have been completely full.

We were there last week and had a 5:30 at Le Cellier Th night. They were taking walk ins which totally shocked me! They were telling them 20 minute wait but we saw 2 walk in groups get seated within 5 minutes of coming to the podium!

Allyson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter