So when you vacation, do you oick Friday-friday, saturday-saturday, etc...

I usually do Friday-Sunday(sometimes Thursday-Sunday) for a trip of about 9/10 days.

Im going in May for a shorter trip. Leaving Monday this time(after Mothers day) and coming back Sunday. So it will be 6 full days.

I'm retired and DH can pick his own vacation time, so we almost always go mid-week to mid-week.

Sunday thru Saturday - 6 nights. That way I have Saturday to pack before I leave and Sunday to get organized to go back to work. As I am a DVC member, it also means only one weekend night with the more expensive points. Rather than one longer trip, I make 2-3 five or six night trips.

I usually fly out Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and return during the middle of the next week or 2 week later.

We fly SW and their flights are cheaper during the week, plus less crowded.

We like to leave on a Sunday and return on a Friday. I like to minimize time off from work, and have the weekend to pack and get ready and the weekend to unpack and get ready. We like to do shorter more frequent trips.

We go W/Th-Sun...yep, 3-4 nights. That's b/c we do a short trip to WDW followed by a 4-night DCL cruise. The World is for me, the Cruise is DH's baby (ok, mine too, so I get a 2-fer ;) ). Works for us -- since we're DINKS, it's far easier logistically for us to do shorter stays than if we had kidlings.

we fly and usually choose like tuesday to wed/thurs depending upon ticket prices. Usually tickets are cheaper tues/wed and we like to stay 7-9 days

Same with us. Cheaper flights usually in the mid week. Hotel prices are usually cheaper during this time too. WDW charges more for weekend stays vs. weekday so why would you want to double up on more expensive days?

We usually do Sat-Sat. Since we drive, we usually get there in time to spend a few hours @ MK and have dinner at Tony's on Sat night. The following Sat we usually leave after lunch in the MK. That gives us a day to recover before going back to school/work/etc...

I havent done a full week in WDW in ages. This past summer, we drove down in a Winnebago, (8/19-29, Thurs-Sun) did 4 days in Daytona, 5 in WDW/Universal, 2 days driving. That was perfect, at least for us.

We do Saturday to Sunday or Sunday to Sunday :cloud9:

I like to start my vacays on Tuesdays! I fly stand by and that is one of the easier days to fly! I just have always loved the feel of resorts during the week days over the week ends....totally different vibe, whether your in DisneyWorld or anywhere else in my opinion! :goodvibes
So Tuesday to Tuesday...or if longer trip Tuesday to the next Saturday (10 days)

well we like the long trips

so normaly its tuesday or wensday to the following sunday
if we need the hadnicap grandvilla in okw we may have to change it up
our last trip was only thursday to sunday due to needing the handicap unit

I have limited vacation days from work so we typically go Saturday to Sunday.

We have started vacations on nearly every day of the week before. Our #1 factor for starting dates of our Disney vacations is airfare prices. Often monday or friday is cheaper from our home city. We also don't do 'normal' vacations weeks, we just go with whatever is cheapest or fits what we want to do. Last year at Disney we vacationed: Friday night thru the next monday, Mon-Friday, Wed-Monday and one Friday thru the next sunday.

Not just airfare prices, but based on direct or one-stop flights from one of our nearby airports to MCO it sometimes works out that we are forced to fly on a Friday or a Saturday.

Going in September/October this year and we are flying out on a Friday and leaving 15 days later on the Saturday. I think it's a bit of a game for me to see how jetlagged I can be landing on a Sunday and going back to work the next morning :lmao:

Without school/work/international flights to consider I would purposely be picking something like a Sunday to Friday though.

On our usual trip to Disney (every other year) with the family is 9 nights/10 days. This is perfect for people that want to enjoy the parks wit still having time to relax everything.

We are Friday ---> Saturday people. We usually land at about 9:30AM Friday morning and take off at about 6PM Saturday night. We like taking the extra day off of work and then giving ourselves a day to unwind before going back to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter