So when is your Kid's 2011 Spring Break???

When is your Spring Break 2011???

• Week of Mar. 13-19

• Week of Mar. 20-26

• Week of Mar. 27 - Apr. 2

• Week of Apr. 3 - 9

• Week of Apr. 10 - 16

• Week of Apr. 17 - 23

• Week of Apr. 24 - 30

• OTHER

Results are only viewable after voting.
We had a lawsuit in our county over something sports related, so our spring break will always be the first week in April regardless of Easter.

I posted a thread for this earlier today and I'm psyched because someone posted this poll for me! We have to travel during our school break because I'm a teacher and can't take time off otherwise and I was interested in seeing just how busy it will be there during our week!

MA here, Sat. April 16 through Easter Sunday April 24th. All public schools in MA are the same week.

:cool2:I couldn't vote cause we actually have 2 weeks off. We seem to be a fair bit earlier than most March 19-April 1st. We have already booked our trip! March 22nd - April 5th. The kids will miss two extra days but flights were much less expensive on the Tuesday!

Central Illinois here - our Spring Break is always the same week in March. March 20-26.

Thanks for creating the poll. It will be interesting to see which week is the busiest. So, far it seems that lots of schools have their Spring Breaks around Easter.

Hi All,

New to the DIS Board. Thanks for posting this poll. It was exactly the info I needed to make my decision to go to WDW. I had to vote "other" as my kids go to a year 'round school and have the whole month of April off.

I was hoping to go to WDW near the end of April but with a late EAster and many off during those 2 weeks I think we'll be letting our 2 DD have an extra long break and we'll go in early May '11.

On that note, what would you suggest, May or December as that is my other thought.

Thanks for a great discussion.

Shawna in Canada:flower3:

If your kids have the entire month of April off, I would plan to go in early April. I think the first week or second week in April would be less crowded than May. The weather should be fine too. From the looks of it, you should avoid the week of Easter and I would avoid the week before and after Easter too.

Looks like it'll be a busy week when we're there! Good thing it's Disney and as long as I'm there, I don't care who else is!!!! :thumbsup2

The school board I work for (I'm from Montreal) and all the school boards here have their break Feb 28-Mar 4. The rest of the province is either that week as well or the following week...

Private schools are different, they tend to have 2 weeks off in mid March.

I keep watching this poll hoping that there's more updates done to it. Are Dis'ers still waiting for your school calendars to come out? I am hoping my week will be a little less crowded than my last Spring Break trip to the World :grouphug:

In South Jersey and we always have off from Easter Monday to the following Monday, regardless of when Easter falls. Since next year it is very late...so is break. We will have a very short time until school is out after break. Weird.

I don't know why, but our Spring Break in south/central Alabama is always the week of St. Patrick's Day (March 17).

All ready saw a NH on here but some districts are different then others. My district just happens to be the same as crazyredhead district. April 24th -30th.

We also get winter break Feb 28th-March 4th.

Our Spring Break in the N. IL area is Mon March 21-Friday March 25th. Thanks for starting the poll for 2011! Not sure what we'll be doing this year but it's nice to have a better idea when the busiest weeks will be. :cool1:

is April 18-25, returning to school on Tues 26.
So technically it starts Sat the 16th.

I also notice a 4 day weekend in Feb for President's weekend (as it's called
on the school calendar!)....this is new..usually it's just Monday off.

DD16's Spring Break is the week of March 13 - 20. She takes the SATs on March 12, and I just booked a 2BR villa at Wilderness Lodge for the 13th - 19th. She'll be able to invite 3 friends if she wants to. Hope it will be warm by then!!

April 17th - 23rd for our district in central CT. DS also has February vacation the week of President's day.

Thanks for this poll, it is very useful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter