So, what's the deal with my status?

DOLEWHlP

Earning My Ears
I've been trying not to let this get to me but it's been eating away at me for the last few days and I'm wondering if anyone here might have some insight.

I applied for the spring 2017 program back last august. I made it through both the web and phone interview only to be NLIC on the very last day to hear back. When apps dropped this past week for fall I wanted to apply again and based on what I heard from multiple accounts, I was supposed to be able to advance straight to the phone interview since it has been less than six months since I took my web based interview...

Nope! I've been put directly into submission and needless to say I've been pretty disappointed and upset (I'm talking crying when I first saw the dreaded word, lol). Is there any reason this would've happened to me? Have the rules changed and I just didn't have a clue? Was this never a thing to begin with? Is it because I updated my work profile? I just want some answers because this is my ultimate dream and to not even get as far in the process as I did in the last round really just sucked all the life out of me.

I would appreciate any knowledge y'all might have. Thanks!

Wish I had some real knowledge how the system works, but I don't. I hear that Disney does change the application process frequently so maybe even though you did the WBI previously, you may have to do it again this year. There seems to be no rhyme or reason in regards to the DCP process my daughter is also in submission even though she has a great resume. On the DCP Fall 2017 faceboon page she joined, supposedly someone got through to the phone interview and left the Skills and Responsibilities sections blank(cant remember the right terms) . So, just wishing you happy thoughts and patience as you wait through this application process....

Fro my understanding "in submission" is not the deaths sentence as it use to be. Your In submission until your resume/application is read (scanned by the computer) Then you go either to In process or NLIC.

But who really knows:rolleyes:

The 6 month WBI thing hasn't changed. I was able to skip it this time and go straight to the phone interview within about 2 hours after submitting my application...I'm a restricted rehire, though, so it doesn't mean much..
I'm not in the facebook group, but from other things I've read around the internet, your situation seems fairly common this go-around. It appears that many more people are put in submission this time. Not really sure of a reason for that or if it just happens to be the people in submission are more vocal about it this time.

My daughter heard that applicants from the first week who are in submission should be getting notifications of either WBI or NLIC soon.....

My daughter is applying for CP for the first time for fall 2017. She was in submission (heartbroken) and was invited today to do the web interview. She passed that and is scheduled for a phone interview soon. I'm excited for her!

Same here for my daughter. She said "there was a wave" . I guess Disney holds this up then gives everyone an answer all at once

Same thing happened to my daughter. She was invited to do her phone interview after a few weeks and had that last Thursday. Now the wait begins for a response.

Be careful by posting on these forums. I'm not sure about this particular board, but if it runs like others, there are corporate Disney lurkers in the shadows. Even with being on the internet, I've witnessed potential employees, or actual employees coming into the forums to ask questions, vent, etc and then they would come back and say that "Disney brought up this thread during our discussions"...

Granted, some of the better ones, the people actually detailed events or whatnot, and they were pretty spot on, weird incidents that if you went to an HR dept and asked, they'd be able to pinpoint it, but I would still exercise caution. Hopefully with a little more patience, things will work out.

Best advice - You're not the only one trying to work for Disney. They probably get hundreds - thousands of applicants on a daily basis. Be content with being this far along, and just sit tight.

Sorry for such a late response to everyone who has bothered to reply to my post, I've been a bit overwhelmed with school and such, but thank you to all of y'all for the advice!

Luckily I somehow got pulled out of submission at the end of February, like quite a few others did. I did have to retake my web based interview as it was past the 6 month mark but I was ecstatic nonetheless. I just had my phone interview earlier today and now I'm just playing the waiting game yet again until I hear something back.
Good luck to all of you and your children who applied as well! :hyper:

Sorry for such a late response to everyone who has bothered to reply to my post, I've been a bit overwhelmed with school and such, but thank you to all of y'all for the advice!

Luckily I somehow got pulled out of submission at the end of February, like quite a few others did. I did have to retake my web based interview as it was past the 6 month mark but I was ecstatic nonetheless. I just had my phone interview earlier today and now I'm just playing the waiting game yet again until I hear something back.
Good luck to all of you and your children who applied as well! :hyper:

Sending you pixie dust!!

Are you actually still within the 6 months? The end of August to the end of Feb is 6 months..that might be the issue.

Are you actually still within the 6 months? The end of August to the end of Feb is 6 months..that might be the issue.

When I sent in my application I was. I applied the day applications went out, January 23rd. I was put into submission right after I sent my app in and stayed there until the 24th of February. So by the time I got out it was past the 6 month time frame.
Hope that makes sense!

Oops, sorry. Didn't notice you originally posted in Jan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter